00:14 || old friends

Edited

What a shame, that girl who once believed in fairytales and magic had to be struck by reality with demons in her mind and the fear of never being loved.

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

            I woke up gasping for air, I quickly felt around me to try to figure out where I was. I felt the soft white blanket and looked around the large room. I realized I was sleeping in my old bedroom. I shake my head trying to calm down.

Walking into my bathroom, I pull off all my clothes getting into the shower quickly as the cold air was touching my bare skin. The shower was hot and long, like normal.

Getting out, I wrap a white towel around my body and head to my closet. But I was stopped by the familiar skinny figure on the bed.

"Mavis!" I scream loudly as she smirks at me from my bed. Her chocolate skin and long brown box braids were so hard to forget. This girl was my best friend and it was probably the hardest to say goodbye. I didn't talk to her much when we got to new york, but I mean I've been busy. She stands up rushing over to me hugging me. She leans over because she is taller than me. Her brown eyes shine with happiness.

"Oh god, I missed you!" She whispers pulling away. "I heard about your father and I found out you were in town.."

"Only for today, I'm flying back tomorrow. Business." I grumble walking into my closest leaving a crack in the door so we can still hear each other.

"What do you have planned today?" She asks as I scan my closet.

I find a white turtleneck shirt that will go with my match plaid blazer and skirt. I grab some white boots and walk out. She nods in approval.

"I need a dress for an event I need to go to," I say leaving out the main reason. I mean you can't really say i'm my father's only child making me a mafia leader and now I have to show up to some dinner for it. I would sound crazy. "My aunt is taking me, but you can come if you want?" I offer ad she nods eagerly.

"Of course!" She yells grabbing my arm dragging me downstairs. She spots my aunt and brother in the kitchen. "Nora!" She squeals running over and hugging my aunt. They talk for a bit, I notice Mavis sending my brother wired looks but I just ignore it.

"You ready to go?" I ask my aunt as she nods grabbing her purse. We all walk to a big black van that has our driver all ready to go. We get in a quick go to the mall.

This mall was very big and had all the best stores. My aunt grabbed my hand pulling me to stories trying on dress after dress but none of them felt right. We are in one of the last stores that we haven't gone to. I was running my hands along the line of dress as my aunt and Mavis argue over a dress.

I stop when I spot a dark red dress, it had a low cut in the front and flowing layers of fabric going down the bottom. It was perfect, I turn to them with the dress, and their faces light up as they both nod.