Chapter One

"Scooter are you sure you'll be okay?" I asked frantically, throwing a pair of diamond earrings in my earlobes.
"Avery I have 3 kids of my own, look, they're all getting along it'll be fine, it's only for a night, go have fun" he said with a warming smile.
"Thank you so much, I'm just so nervous" I said, slipping my Christian Loubuitons on my feet.
"I know, but he's old enough now to where he can be without his mother for a night" scooter chuckled. He wasn't wrong. Avon had just started kindergarten. Austin walked downstairs, he had his nice tux on and his nice shoes.
Today was my birthday, I turn 26 today. It's crazy to think that Avon is already growing up and in school.
"Are you ready?" Austin asked.
"Almost" I said. I frantically ran around the kitchen looking for my purse. I looked over at Austin who was holding it out in front of him.
"Thank you" I said and gave him a smile. He nodded.
"Avon" I said and walked over to him.
"Mama's leaving" I said and kneeled down.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"Me and daddy are going out tonight, uncle scooter is going to watch you okay?" I said. He nodded and looked back at scooters children. I pulled his head back to me, kissed his forehead.
"Okay be good" I said.
"I will" he said and excitedly ran off to play. I walked back over to scooter.
"Just remember his bedtime is 9:30, and he has to be up at 8 for-" I started
"Avery, I know what to do" he chuckled. I nodded nervously and Austin led me to the door with his hand on my lower back.
"Oh and don't forget he's allergic to-" I started
"Tree nuts and soy, I know Avery" scooter said following us to the door. Austin gave me a gentle push out the door and scooter closed the door behind us.
"You worry to much" he chuckled.
"I know, I just haven't left him alone since he was born" I said.
Austin walked to the passenger side and opened the door for me. I stepped in and he closed it behind me.
I was wearing a 2 piece black Lacey set, it was adorable.

Austin matched with a nice black tux, and he looked amazing

I wasn't entirely sure where Austin was taking me, but he told me how to dress

We drove for a good hour and half before getting there. We were in San Fransisco, which was an absolutely beautiful city. We got to a hotel called The Inn Above Tide. This hotel was the most expensive hotel in the area, the hotel sat on the side of a pier type of thing that overlooked the ocean. Austin grabbed our bags from the back of the car and we walked in. We got our key for the room and we made our way up to our room. We had the presidential suite. It was absolutely beautiful. Champagne and a variety of wines were complementary.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
"For what?" I asked. He chuckled.
"What did you think this was your birthday surprise?" He asked. I looked around the room.
"Well yeah?" I said.
"No, my girlfriend, no, mother of my child deserves so much more" he said and pulled me in close to him. He kissed me gently and pulled me along. We were already on the top floor. He opened a door leading us to stairs. He led me up the stairs until we got to a second door. He opened the door for me and I walked out. Directly ahead of me sat a nice table, it was candlelit, champagne sat in an ice bucket in the center. I smiled to myself and he led me to the table. He pulled out my chair for me and I took a seat. In front of me sat a bouquet of roses.
"I thought the roses were cliché, but scooter insisted I get them" Austin chuckled. I smiled.
"Scooter knew?" I asked. Austin took a deep breathe.
"Scooter knows everything that will happen tonight" I said with a smile.
"He's a very good planner" I smiled. He poured me a glass of champagne and handed it to me. I took it and held it in my hand. A few waiters came up and brought us food and set it down in front of us. I looked up at Austin who had just finished pouring his glass. He sightly raised it up, so I did the same also.
"I guess to you, since today is your day, and you deserve the world for everything you've done" he said. I smiled and we each took a sip.
We are our dinner, and cute romantic music started playing. Austin stood up and walked over to me. He held out his hand so I put mine in his. We walked closer to the center of the roof.
"You're always trying to make me dance with you, and I never do it because that's not my type" he started.
"But I suppose I should brush up on my skills now instead of later" he finished. He had his hand placed on my lower back and we paced back and forth.
"I thought you just didn't know how" I chuckled.
"Pfft" is all he said before spinning me and pulling me back in and closer to him. I smiled and placed my hand back on his shoulder.
"I'm just not necessarily the romantic type, but I do it well when I want to be" he smiled.
"I suppose I should enjoy it while I can cause it'll only come around on my birthday huh?" I smiled. He took a deep breathe.
"You might get it for a day before your birthday" he said with a smile. He had been saying weird things like this all night, like he was trying to imply something but I couldn't figure it out. He took my hand and spun me around but let go before I was back to him, so when he let go my back was facing him. I turned around, confused, he did it right the first time so what happened that time?
I turn around, and I see Austin kneeling behind me, on one knee. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small turquoise blue box. I put my hands up to my mouth and walked up close to him. He looked up at me with his beautiful blue eyes, they glistened in the candle lights that were all around us. He pulled my hand down and held it.
"Avery" he said.
"Oh my gosh" I said quietly and waved air at my face. He smiled and waited for me to focus. I carefully wiped underneath my eyes.
"Okay, I'm ready" I said with a smile, but I still covered my mouth with my opposite hand.
"I think you are the most strong, beautiful woman that I have ever met" he started. I could feel tears streaming down my face now, but I didn't break eye contact with him. He had a smile painted across his face.
"And it's crazy because thinking back to 6 years ago when we met, we hated each other, and I never would have thought that any woman would be able to change me for the better, but you have, and I am so so so grateful for you and everything that you do for me and Avon" he said. I was a hot mess at this point.
"So, I've decided I want to definitely spend the rest of my life with you, even though that was already the plan, but I just want it to be completely, positively official" he said and opened the small box.
"Will you marry me?" He asked. I looked down at his beautiful eyes. I nodded yes, without hesitation. He smiled and pulled the ring out of the box. He placed it on my finger and stood up. He kissed me passionately, pulling my waist so close, to where there was no space between us.
I pulled away slightly and looked down at the ring.
"It's so beautiful" I said, still crying.
"Eneesa said that's the one you wanted" he said. I chuckled.
"So did everyone know except me?" I said.
"Pretty much" he chuckled.