Chapter Thirteen

A/N: like I said this is probably going to be the last chapter of this story, so it is jumping many years into the future at this point :)
*****
Avon's 22 now, and Ariyah is 17.
Austin and Avon sat on the couch and played guitar together. He taught Avon at a young age how to play. Ariyah was in the kitchen with me.

"I just don't understand why he's so strict" she complained. Austin did end up being a strict as he said he was going to be with Ariyah. Actually, Ariyah is going through her first major breakup, and Austin has made it very known that it wouldn't have happened if I would have let him be as strict as he wanted to be.
"He just loves you" I said.
"Yeah right, I have no life" she said. I chuckled.
"Ariyah you've been all around the world, you've been to every state, and a lot of different countries, most kids don't get to do that" I chuckled.
"Yeah but it was all about dad and you" she said.
"It was work, do you think you'd have that Louis bag if we didn't do what we do?" I chuckled.
"I'd eventually get one if not" she said.
"You should just be grateful for what you have" I told her. She stayed quiet.
"I just don't get what you see in him, like, he must have been crazy when you met" she said. I smiled.
"Yeah, he was" I said, and looked over at him.
I made my way into the living room and took a seat next to Austin. Ariyah followed and took a seat on the smaller couch next to Avon.
It was only 4 in the afternoon, and Ariyah was off school for Christmas break.
"Dad can you please drive me to Josh's, I literally need to talk to him so we can work things out" Ariyah pleaded.
Austin chuckled.
"No" he said with a smile.
"Can't you just hang out with family for a night" Avon said.
"Shut up, you literally have no friends and that's why you're always here" she said.
"Ariyah you don't need to make things work" Austin started.
"If he cares about you, he'd be back on his own" Austin said, tuning his guitar.
"What would you even know" she mumbled. He smiled and shook his head. He looked up at me.
"What would I know?" He said. We both laughed.
"Dad seriously" Ariyah said.
Austin just ignored her.
"Ariyah just text him" I said.
"I did he's not answering" she said.
"So you want to go over there, even though he's not answering, just so you can freak out on him?" Austin said.
She nodded confidently.
"God, you're almost as crazy as your mom was" he chuckled.
"No way, mom is so, prude" Ariyah said and Avon agreed. Austin laughed.
"You're mom, she used to walk to my house, and bang on my bedroom door until I opened" he said.
"What was the reason for her going over?" Ariyah asked.
"We're not going to talk about that" Austin chuckled and shook his head.
"And, she used to fill out fight girls if they'd talk to me, she was crazy crazy" Austin said.
"No way, I want to see" Ariyah said.
"If you look it up on YouTube you could probably find it" Austin said. I slapped his arm.
"Don't tell her that" I said. He smiled.
"How did you guys even meet? You're polar opposites" Ariyah said.
"Oh yeah we hated each other for the longest time" he said. I laughed.
"We fought every time we saw each other" I said, and we both laughed.
"So what's the story?" Avon asked. Austin sighed and a small smile formed across his lips.
"Well it all started when she moved in next door"
****