Chapter Eight

"So, where's Austin?" Scooter asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
"I guess work?" I chuckled. He looked at me a bit confused.
"What?" I asked.
"Haven't you watched the news at all?" He asked. Now I was looking at him confused.
"No, why would I?" I asked. He let out a deep breath and opened his phone. He opened a story that had just been posted this morning. There were a thread of photos of Austin out at some restaurant with some girl.
"Who's she?" I asked, zooming the picture in.
"Really she's a nobody, she's trying to become a model, her name is Tessa. She's been trying Victoria secret but was denied, twice" scooter said. I kept scrolling through the pictures and looked at the dates and times they were posted.
"This said it's from late night, I literally texted Austin and he said he was at the studio" I said. I scrolled down and their was a picture of Austin on his phone with Tessa sitting in front of him. I looked at the time. 11:42. I went to my messages and checked what time I sent him a message. 11:42.
"He's literally texting me in this picture, telling me he's at the studio" I said showing scooter.
Scooter was quiet.
"What does this mean?" I asked. Scooter took a deep breath.
"I really have no clue, but I also don't want to get into the problem, you have Avon and another on the way" he said
"Do you think he's cheating on me, again?" I asked. Scooter just shook his head and avoided the question. I gave him his phone back. I pulled out my phone and opened snapchat. I held down on his name and his character and location popped up. It said that just now, that he's not at the studio where he says he is. It said he was about half hour away from the studio.
I decided to give him a call.
"Hello?" He said
"Hey What are you doing?" I asked.
"Baby I'm working" he chuckled. I could hear laughing in the background.
"Oh you're at the studio?" I asked
"Yeah" he said.
"Maybe I can stop by and we can get lunch in an hour?" I asked.
"I can't today, we're super busy, but I can be home around 7 tonight? We can have dinner?" He asked. I sighed.
"Yeah, that'll work" I said.
"Alright baby, I got to go, I love you" he said. I sighed again.
"I love you too" I mumbled and hung up.
Scooter looked at me.
"So you're just going to wait till he gets home?" He asked.
"Oh scooter, come on now, you know me better than that" I said standing up, slipping my shoes and and throwing my purse over my shoulder. He chuckled and stayed at my house. Avon was already at school. I got in my car and drove to the restaurant that Austin's location said he was at. I walked in, past the host and made my way around looking for him. I finally spotted him through the window outside. He was sitting at one of the tables outside with Tessa. So I walked out and went up to his table. I stood in front of him and he looked up at me. My arms were crossed and the look on my face gave away how annoyed I was.
"Babe, What are you doing here?" He chuckled.
"What are you doing here?" I said emphasizing you. He laughed.
"Austin I don't think it's funny" I said yelling. People were now starting to look at us.
"Um- maybe I should give you two a minute" Tessa said, shyly, standing him.
"Yeah, maybe you should" I said sternly. She walked away. I took a seat in her spot and Austin only stared at me.
"You're crazy" he said, and laughed. I furrowed my eyes brows and stared at him.
"No, you're crazy. I'm out here carrying your child, sitting at home, doing your laundry, buying you food, and taking care of your child, and you're out here with some other girl? What type of shit is that?" I said loudly.
"Babe, that's Tessa, she applying to be in one of the music videos" he said.
"Then where's the rest of your crew, why are you here alone" I spat. He cleared his throat.
"We're not alone, everyone is right here" he said, pointing at all of the tables around us. I looked around and everyone that worked with Austin was interviewing girls.
"Oh my god" I groaned and threw my head in my hands. Austin laughed and placed his hand on my arm.
"Did you really think I was cheating?" He asked. I nodded into my hands.
"I don't think I could put someone's life in danger like that anyway" he said and laughed.
"Why am I like this" I groaned. He laughed and stood up. He walked over to my side and took a seat next to me. He rested his head on my shoulder.
"I can't even blame it on being pregnant cause you were crazy before that" he said. I looked over at him.
"Not helping" I mumbled. He smiled and sat him.
"Listen" he started. He placed a hand on my thigh and another underneath my chin.
"I married you because I love you, and I have no intentions to hurt you and I have no desire for another woman" he said. He looked me directly into my eyes. His eyes were so beautiful.
"Besides, I ain't ever met a woman as stunning as you mama" he said looking me up and down, giving his lip and gentle tug. I chuckled.
"I feel so dumb" I groaned. He only laughed. We both stood up.
"I'll make sure I'm home early tonight so you, me and Avon can all hang out" he said. I nodded. He walked me back out to my car. He pulled me in for a hug.
"Well, it was nice to see you" he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around him. He kissed me then opened my car door for me.
"Be safe driving home" he said. I hopped in, rolled my window down and he rested his arms in the window.
"I will" I said, throwing my seatbelt over my body. He smiled, leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips.
"I love you" he said. I smiled.
"I love you too"