Day 22

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. | Mark Twain

                I glanced up from Alex’s body as I heard the shouts.

                I grabbed the knife from the back of Alex’s head as I took off running toward the house.

                Ares ran off infront of me as I saw Bella on the roof with McKenzie next to her.

                I grabbed one of the guys in the back and sent the knife into his throat.

                I tossed him to the ground when I saw McKenzie grab her arm then stumble back away from the edge of the house.

                I went to the house when someone grabbed my arm.

                I looked back when my eyes got wide.

                “Owen, this can't be…”

                I groaned out as his fist went across my face knocking me to the ground.

                Morgan glared over at Matt as they kept the guards out of the house.

                Ryan kicked another guard off the steps when he heard the screams. He looked up the steps and saw Katie struggling with a guard. Ryan raised his gun and shot the guard as Katie looked back down at him.

                Ryan hit the ground as another guard stuck him in the face.

                “Ryan!” Katie shouted down the steps when she was tossed down the steps.

                Morgan looked back at her when she hit the floor. Morgan rolled his eyes when he felt the knife in his back.

                Matt glanced back at Morgan, “This hasn’t how this should have gone.”

                Ivan glared back at him as he was pushed down the steps, “I don’t think we have another choice in this matter.”

                I glared back at Owen as he walked back and forth infront of me.  “What do you want with me?”

                “My brother, I need him.” Owen said as he walked over to me.

                I dropped my eyes, “I'm sorry Owen but he isn't with us anymore. Lorette said that he was killed a few days ago by some growlers.”

                Owen grabbed my throat and squeezed. “You think that I will believe you!”

                “Owen, leave her alone!”

                Owen glanced over his shoulder as Ryan walked into the room rubbing the back of his head. “You think you can just walk into here?”

                “I can do as I please and I think hurting her won't end this war!” Ryan shouted back at him.

                Owen shook his head as he hit me across the face, “What do you think you should do now?”

                Ryan glared back at him, “Don’t make me hurt you.”

                Owen laughed when I felt the blood hit my face. I looked back at Owen as he was on the ground infront of me.