twelve

m e e t i n g  s h a

Nam is outside at tennis practice, wearing one of Xia's hoodies this time. She frowns to herself as she sees a woman holding a camera like herself, except this lady is also carrying a mic. She watches as the lady attempts to interview her twin, and eventually gets told off by Baiyang. Nam is glad to see the lady go, annoyed how she just walks onto the court, heels clicking as if she has every right in the world. Even if Nam knows that things like this happen, she's incredibly annoyed, especially since she considers the team truly hers to capture, as if it's her own territory. How childish am I? Nam wonders.

-

After practice, Nam goes home on her own while Lu Xia stops at a bookstore, unaware of the reporter that is trailing behind her.

The same reporter that went to Yu Qing's practice, Xia Sha, looks up to the luxurious Lu household. "So, the Lu's live here," she says to herself as she makes her way up the stairs and into the home.

-

"Hello," Sha says into the household.

Nam shrieks out of the tiniest bit of fear. "Uh... Who... who are you?" she asks. "Why... why did you come here?"

"You can call me Xiao Sha. I'm a reporter for tennis monthly."

"What, I... How, um... How did you get here?"

"I'm a reporter."

"..." Nam's at a loss for words, unable to process how to handle this situation. A stranger found my home! she freaks out in her head.

"Say, little girl," Sha starts, "you were taking pictures at the tennis practice, too. I've introduced myself. Who are you?"

It's not your business, is what Nam wishes to say to the invader, but she feels as if she has no authority, so she answers, "Um... I'm... I'm Lu Nam... I am... I'm supposed to, uh... take pictures because, um... I'm kind of... I'm Yu Qing's official photographer for the, um... the tennis team."

"So, you're Lu Xia's rumored twin."

"Wha... What? Rumored?"

"Well, it's not like you're on the tennis team. How can a kid of Lu Xiangqian not be a rising tennis star?"

"Uh..."

"It doesn't matter. I'm not really interested, but I do have a proposition for you."

"Huh?"

"I've been told off for disrupting practice. You can take photos whenever, so you must have talent. Intern for me. Give me photos."

"Um... I'm... I'm not sure that, uh... that I want to."

"That's alright, you seem to not know a lot about yourself, kid. Think about it. You seem like a smart girl."

"Um.. thanks? Ms. Sha..."

"Just 'Sha' is fine."

"Okay, erm... Sha, why... Why are you here?"

"I want to interview Lu Xiangqian."

"I'll, uh... I'll go get him."

"Thank you, little girl."

Nam runs into the house. "Dad! Dad!"

"What is it?" Xiangqian asks.

"There's someone here for you. I... I think that I'm going to go back out."

"You just came home."

"I... I don't really want to be here... Not while she's here."

"I understand. You can go out through the back. I'll go out to her now."

"Thank you dad," Nam says, and leaves the house at ease.

Lu Xiangqian goes out to meet Sha and accepts an interview, but not before scolding her and informing her of his daughter's discomfort.