thirty-one

s k i p p i n g  p r a c t i c e

It's a big day for both of the Lu twins, and they're both restless throughout their classes. During breaktime, Ying goes to talk to Nam.

"I know why Lu Xia is excited, but I've never seen you this... antsy," she tells her friend.

"Ying, can you keep a secret?" Nam dramatically whispers.

"Yes," Ying says, mimicking the whisper.

"I'm going to skip practice... to go out somewhere... with Zhi," she quietly confesses.

"Zhuo Zhi?!" Ying says in disbelief.

"Shh... and yes. But it's not like that! I mean... I don't think it is."

"Nam, I'm cheering for you, remember? Go for it!" Ying encourages, before she goes back to her seat now that it's time for class again.

Luckily for Nam, her twin was sleeping throughout the break, so he didn't hear a word of what was said.

-

The bell tolls, and Nam visibility brightens. The end of the school day could not have come soon enough. She sees Xia walk out of the classroom to go to his match before she starts packing her bag.

Suddenly, she can hear people gossipping from outside the door. "Look!" "He's so handsome!" and "Why's he here?" can be heard as Zhuo approaches her class.

"Nam," he says, "let's go." Zhuo stands in front of her desk with full smirk on as she turns five shades pinker from all the attention this is giving her.

She mumbles an "okay" before practically dragging him out of the room by his wrist, wanting to be away from all the prying eyes as Zhuo just snickers at her antics.

-

At practice, the team notices the absence of more than a few of its members.

"That's strange. Only a few people are practicing today," Xiuwen points out, carrying a stretcher around with Huang Jing.

"They skipped practice," Huang accuses, before the two of them walk off to go elsewhere.

"That's weird. Even the captain didn't show up," Qiao Chen states.

"That's right. Neither does Lu Xia and Lu Nam. Nor Coach. Even Chi is not here," Jiale adds.

"And what about Zhuo Zhi?" Xinglong says.

"The Lu twins asked for sick leave," Yan states.

"How can they be sick?" Qiao Chen asks.

"What about Siyang?" Xinglong asks.

"He's on sick leave, too," Yan answers.

"What about Chi? Is he sick, too?" Jiale asks.

"Seems like we can finally do some reasoning," Yan deadpans.

"No way. Why didn't he tell me?" Jiale wonders.

"And is Zhuo Zhi on sick leave as well?" Qiao asks.

"Yes," Yan again answers.

"What does this have to do with reasoning?" Jiale asks.

"Of course. According to my reasoning, there's a 100% chance that there's something secretly going on," Yan says.

A/N- i'm really sorry, but i will not be able to update this coming week. i will continue normal updates next monday on june 15. sorry :(

i am having a bit of trouble with what i plan for chapter thirty-two, but once it's done, i hope it won't disappoint :)

and why i have you here, let's do some shameless self-promo! okie, so i recently decided to get instagram, and am writing really short imagines on there. i originally just wanted to publish one book at a time on wattpad, but once i got to writing, ideas for fanfics haven't stopped. my first imagine is a soulmate au with fitz. you most likely don't know who that is- but i love the show agents of shield with all my heart, and he is a character from there. next shameless self-promo: at the same time, i've decided to work on another book for wattpad. i published the intro chapter, and it's basically just me ranting about life. i will definitely rant about fandoms. the first real chapter i have planned will be for blm. from that a/n a couple chapters ago. i realized i had a lot of topics i want to bring light to. it's called "i am open for discussion, luvs" and i'm going to update this one whenever i feel. 

these two new things i've recently started is not the reason why i'm not going to update this book next week, but they were started because i have a bit of a writer's block with writing a scene for this book. starting new things is a way i procrastinate :P

thank you for your understanding !! i hope to have you back in this book on the fifteenth! because seriously, me not having a love life is exactly why nam should :)