𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

YOU'RE STANDING IN front of the mirror, swaying your dress smoothly through your fingertips. the tulle fabric feels nice against the satin, as the snow white dress glitters in the sunlight.

amy comes up behind you, grabbing your shoulders and making you jump.

"you'll be the prettiest wife in concord." she smiles. you turn to her grinning broadly but hands shaking.

"pre-marriage jitters?" she asks, grabbing your hands. all the other march's are in the room as well now, and hug you tightly.

"i guess so. i don't know. it's everything i've ever dreamed of but i can't help but feel nervous." you admit, pulling back from the embrace.

"this was meant to be, [ y/n ]." meg affirms.

"now, we should be going downstairs now. mr. laurence is waiting at the backdoor. like meg, you're having a garden wedding, but in the spring instead of fall. you sigh as you smile at yourself, you'll soon be a wife. tucking the veil over your head, you take a deep breath and descend the stairs to see mr. laurence.

"you look radiant, my dear." he smiles and tucks your arm within his. you asked him to be the one to give you away, as you have no family left and he's the closest person to a father you'll ever have.

you walk down the aisle, a large watery smile on your face as laurie's heart swells. this is how it is meant to be. it is done.

the officiator's voice fades out as you look at laurie, lost in his celestial eyes. that gorgeous hazel that you fall for everytime.

"you are now man and wife." at those words, laurie dips you and kisses you with all he has, finally able to call you his at last. the skies above are blue and clear and you want nothing more than to stay here with him and your friends and family forever.

A YEAR LATER, at plumfield academy (aunt march's old house), jo descends the stairs, looking healthy and radiant as boys and girls alike run around her.

she walks towards a classroom, full of children's work as mr. brooke teaches a lesson and motions for the both of them to follow her. a young boy presents her with a cake and she takes it outside with her. it's decorated like the fall, with fake leaves of all colors.

she walks past fredrich, who teaches boys and girls to play the violin, patting him on the back and jerks her head in a motion for him to follow.

she walks further, meg teaches acting with young boys and girls and you teach the children art classes with amy, occasionally humming a tune as well.

laurie and fred teach fencing and amy walks over to her husband, placing her child in his arms. you yourself, are with child, and laurie aids you to walk alongside the sisters.

meg latches onto jo's arm, telling her how much she adores the cake and amy walks with you and laurie, taking in the joy around her.

the four of you approach the table, where marmee sits and jo gives her the cake for her birthday, her mother laughing and kissing all of you on the cheek.

at the table, there are all copies of jo's book, little women, that jo has given to kids for free.

laurie's arms wrap around you as you stare off into the horizon. you turn to him, and his lips meet yours in a soft kiss.

"i love you, and our child." he mumbles against your lips, making you smile zealously. this, is your heaven.

and what a happy end.

a note from the author !
wow, i have no words. this has honestly been so much fun to write and i appreciate every single one of you. this has been absolutely amazing and lifechanging. thank you all so much for allowing me to spread my dreams with all of you. i implore you to read my other books (if you would like) so i can share the same joy i had in writing this in writing those books. i love you, and thank you for reading imitation of devotion.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ❙ theodore laurence 🎉