Chapter 16

THE MARDI-GRAS battle grew more rigour and intense in New Orleans after the first hour; back in Washington, it was witnessed by President Madeline Cory and Agent Wolfe on the big screen with multiple windows of both satellite feeds and live CCTV street cameras inputs. Cory spotted Doran the Preacher in the Jesus outfit with Hajja—both the OGA rebels were on the screen firing above, killing the undercover policewomen in the erogenous costumes on the parade floats.

The Apache helicopter hovered over the streets firing both bullets and missiles that thumped the burning streets, locking its target at the fleeing Preacher below. The gigantic floats exploded while Doran and Hajja ran in-between the falling fiery structures before they recede and took cover inside a building.

A black Lieutenant emerged on the roof elicited his Javelin missile launcher and destroyed the combat chopper at point-blank, sending it into torsion. It crashed down into the anarchic street, triggering a major explosion.

An agitated and profane cursing Madeline Cory at the Whitehouse punched the table to see the parlay of failures in New Orleans on the screen while Wolfe smirked behind her unnoticed—it was because she wanted Doran for herself for a personal showdown in the future...

The Preacher was her bitch.

*

Two other choppers shot rounds of ammo into the occupied rooftops, killing dozens of the perched rebels. Li Chi retaliated and shot his missile-launcher but missed the artful bird. The rooftops started caving in as more Apaches' missiles shattering the peak structures. Marlin escaped with some Intersexuals by climbing down the fire-escape ladders while burning shingles dropped from above. They had to jump one floor down—Marlin hurt his ribs again in his landing and was in pang before he recovered and mustered back on his feet with the rest of his fellow partisan fighters.

It was the nub for him to miscarry from this ongoing OGA's jihad—he intended that it was the opportunity to escape from the battlefield...

Marlin dashed into the smoky burning streets, he caught a glimpse of a chopper shot by Li Chi in his second attempt. It gyrated in circles in the air before hurtling at the Fundraiser auditorium roof before it plunged, its blades shattering parked limos below.

The One God's Army rebels were crying out victorious when the craft blew up—the God's Chosen People led by the Preacher have incapacitated the horrendous blitzes at that moment in time in their coup d'état—they were winning their first sacrificial battle against Cory's army.

*

A fleet of indomitable e-SWAT's AFV Hummers juggernauts into the battle scene next in an Echelon formation—firing their preeminent heavy machine guns and the firepower pulverized the Intersexuals' Mexican pickup trucks, blowing up a few that put a fight.

Hank fled the breach assail background by driving away in rout; Kiki hanged in fear on at the back and he noticed a one of the armoured minatory Hummer was in hot pursuit—blasting shots at their rear with near-hits.

*

THE E-SWAT infantry division ambushed the dithering insurgents in the chaotic street; many rebels were cut down by the surprise machine-gun attacks. Helmed by Roberta Jensen in command; she peering out from a Hummer top through a night vision binoculars—she grinned with satisfaction to see her troops in the parameter executing their street warfare tactics stratagem with adroitness.

It was short-lived on-slaughter when Roberta spotted an imponderable group of rampaging women in chartreuse militia uniform rushing in from the back streets—they were the return of the Aryan Sisterhood who pursued their retribution for Cory's recent assault mandate by Roberta's genocide attack on their militia headquarter which transpired a few days ago in Mississippi...

"Who the fuck are those pissed off women?" hiding at the side of a building, Hajja witnessed the incoming Aryan Sisterhood's prowess taking on Roberta's Elite force in the skirmish.

"They probably are the militia Aryans who are also oppressed by the Snake-woman. It is a good day to have some Godsend allies."

During the brief interlude, Doran removed his Jesus robe. He was now in his OGA militia navy blue camouflaged pants and black sweater worn beneath. The Preacher discerned that he had to camouflage his identity because the enemy's target was to attempt at all cost to take him out with their advanced surveillance technology.

Doran and Hajja smiled at each other before the duo charged into the streets, firing their machine guns, killing more Elite infantry on their path.

*

Hank swerved the pickup truck into the backstreets but the Hummer was still hot on his tail rewet. A Russell-Collin's crony at the back of the pickup was shooting the mounted heavy gun from the meteoric pickup truck—but the inept bullets bounced off the Hummer's bulletproofed windshield. Another white rebel then tossed a C4 on the road and it finally blew up the pursuing Hummer.

Hank looked up ahead and marked an Apache chopper flying in the opposite direction to the fore. It discharged a missile and created an omnipotent explosion on the road causing a bull's eye corollary hit which set off the pickup truck to windmill and crashed out.

From the smoke and flames of scattered scrap metal, an injured Kiki-boy rose from the tarmac, bleeding from his face and he staggered towards the burning truck—hearing Hank in panic hollering out his name.

Hank shed squirting blood and survived the crash—but he was trapped upside-down in the driver's seat of the wrecked truck that was leaning on its side.

"Hank, are you alright?"

"I am stuck. Help me Kiki, my legs...are stuck!" Kiki looked behind his back to the approaching shape of headlights looming over to another Hummer cruised in; the ingrate Kiki ran away instantaneously—the suffering voice kept calling out to him from the rear...

"Kiki, help me! Come back, Kiki!"

The coward Wesleyan hid in a dark corner and make out the armoured vehicle coming close to the wrecked pickup truck that was laid downside. An Elite soldier reconnaissance from the Hummer's roof, she caught sight of Hank who was alive in the crash—she aimed the machine gun turret at the trapped Intersexual.

In the gloomy position nearby, Kiki dotted his rifle and he aimed at the soldier with a clear shot at the woman—but his hands tremble badly, ingrate to pull the trigger and to be compromised. He was not confident of his rifle shooting training at the Mojave Desert; feared that if he missed, the soldier will turn around and kill him instantly.

The soldier opened fire, shattering the smashed up windscreen of the pickup and Hank's blood splattered out. Kiki sobbed alone in the dark, watching the sole Hummer driving away. The surviving Wesleyan Intersexual fled away to safety; wanting no part in any of the killings that were ensuing around him.