Friends

Cody

"Coming through!"

As I cram my way past the crowds of the coffee shop to meet Noah, at our favorite meet up spot, I jump over the feet sticking out of the seat into the isle way.

I was 12 minutes late as usual, crafting myself something for my dad. He was coming to visit this month and I felt the need to make him a huge gift!

"You are twelve minutes late, as usual,"

"Can you blame me? My dad is coming to visit-,"

He stopped me and continued my sentence.

"And you feel the need to make him a huge gift, I know,"

"You do know me so well," I say stirring my straw around in my latte. I look up at him as glanced down at his phone.

He hadn't heard from his girlfriend in weeks from her leaving him.

But I wouldn't do that. So what if I had a crush on Noah. He is hot! But for right now, we're just in the friend zone.

I sipped the top of the latte and sighed. He would never notice me. I was just his friend.

"I am going to go to the bathroom," I tell him. But he didn't even bother to look up. Yup. Just friends.

I walk down the halls to the bathroom, but didn't go. I wept instead. All what I wanted was him to notice me. Nothing more. Nothing less. I didn't want to be friends anymore! I am tired of getting the yellow heart sent to me! I want the red heart sent!

"Why won't he love me?"

"Having trouble amigo?" A man said leaning himself against the sink.

"Yeah. But you don't have to stay and listen."

"Amigo. I have time. I am trying to get away from mi amor anyways."

I sniffed.

"Well. I like this boy. But he won't notice me. And even if he did, then he would think of us as friends. What do I do?"

"Well. the longer you keep your feelings inside, the more you are going to lose the love for this special person. Don't wait for the first move to come to you, you make the first move."

"Gracias,"

"Oh do you speak Spanish? OMS es esto amor de tuyo? Yo será no contar."

"Um. What was that?"

"Who is this love of yours? I will not tell."

"Oh. It's Noah."

"Noah who?"

"Noah Hayden,"