Runaway

Cody

My mom paced around the room as my dad sat down in a chair looking at me with shame.

"So let me get this straight. Emma was Noah's ex and you pretended to have her as a girlfriend so that your own parents wouldn't find out your gay."

I looked at Noah and at the same time we said yes. Then he spoke.

"Look. I have tickets to go see my favorite orchestra play and since it's my birthday-,"

"Sit,"

"Son, why didn't you tell us?"

As I teared up, I began to speak.

"Because you would never listen, or understand. And I was going to tell you tonight once Emma left, but she didn't even bother to show up! That's why I hate having parents like you!"

I stormed up to my room and packed my bag.

'I am not staying with these parents,' I thought to myself.

I climbed out my window as tears wiped down my face.

I pulled out a map of Montana and started to make my way to the airport to go to Nebraska. As I walked three miles, I stopped at a bus stop. I only had enough money for the plane ride, so I had to go by foot. When I stopped, I took a short nap. But when I woke up, my shoes were gone. Tears wept down my face as I curdled myself up into a little ball.

'This will be over soon,'

I Knew they weren't going to come for me. Noah had his concert and my parents were uncaring. As the deserted bus station stayed empty, a shadow arrived.

"Noah?"

I have really good plans for this chapter, so I am not going to give spoilers!