Love Reins

Cody

I sat in the car as Noah held my hand in the back seat. My filled the front seat with groceries and our suitcases as she hopped in the car. I rolled my eyes as she adjusted her seatbelt. She looked back at me through the window and spoke.

"Cody I'm sorry,"

"Yeah well...do you not mean that too?"

Noah punched me in the arm and nodded his head toward my mother. She was crying.

"I am sorry. For everything I have done. I am sorry I judged you. I'm sorry I acted like my mother. I'm sorry I never understood you."

She looked straight ahead and started to drive. I sat in silence. It was a three hour drive to Miami to fly back home and that was a four hour flight. So I rested myself on Noah's shoulder to sleep.

Noah

"Ms. Anderson?" I said as she wiped her tears.

"Yes Noah?"

"I'm sorry for the way your son is acting. I am sorry that he won't forgive you. I'm sorry that I—,"

"No Noah. You didn't do anything. Neither did Cody—,"

"No Ms. Anderson, Cody isn't forgiving you for what you might have done,"

"Noah, I love you, but understand that we fight a lot and—,"

"that just parts you more,"

She paused and drove.

Cody

I hopped off the terminal and bounced my bag behind me. My mother and boyfriend talked as we made our way onto the plane. we sat in a row of three. Noah in the window seat, I in the isle seat and.....My mother..... in the middle seat. Noah read a book as I texted my friends and my mom listened to music.

                                           We Are Mighty
Cody: Why is this the name?
Eva: Why are you on this chat?
Heather: You aren't mighty!
*Heather has deleted you from the conversation*

                                            Duncan
Duncan: Hey Dude
Cody: Hey
Duncan: How's Noah
Cody: Good
Duncan: Aren't you gonna ask
Cody: about what
Duncan: About Courtney
Cody: oh
Sry
How's Courtney
Duncan: good
Gtg
Bye
Cody: bye

                                          Noah
Noah: Talk to your mother

I rolled my eyes and looked at Noah

Noah: DO IT

I slid to the next slide

                                             Haystack Hayblylees
Cody: Who added me back
Heather: Ugh! Let it go Alejandro!
Duncan: i took the needle out!
Cody: you said that you couldn't talk
And who added me back
Alejandro: Mi Amigo, I did, and I didn't
Cody: That doesn't make sense
Heather: Nothing makes sense when AL says it
*Alejandro has left the conversation*
Courtney: Duncan come over to my house
Duncan: Why Princess?
Courtney: It's 2:00 you know what time it is!

I turned off my phone to drink some soda that was passed around. I got tired and decided to go to sleep.

Noah

When  was reading my book, I heard Cody yawn, so I looked over. When I did, I saw he was leaning on his mother's shoulder. I blushed and continued reading my book.

He cupped his hands and got down on one knee.

"Dustin Hanes, would you be proud to be my husband?"

"Yes Robert! Yes!"

They leaned in for a kiss, but the fair maiden parted them.

"How dare thee ask my brother to marry a scamp like you! I forbid it!"

Dustin was moved by her.

"You shall let us marry, or off with thee head!"

"Shall I live, shall I die, but I will still forbid,"

Dustin drawled his sword and put it close to the fair maiden neck, but Robert grabbed the end of it.

"Violence is never the answer. Love reins in the end,"

"Love reins in the end,"

"What was that Noah?"

Cody leaned over holding his mother's hand with the drink lady next to him.

"What?"

"I said, do you want anything to drink?"

"Oh! Ha. Um. A Diet Coke please."

Cody passed down the coke and I sipped a bit of it.

Cody

We almost arrived at Montana, and then the plane came to a bumpy landing. We unbuckled our seatbelts when the lights flashed on, and got up to get our suitcases.

"Oh! There's ours!"

"Mine is over there!"

"Go and get them boys,"

My mother pulled me back and pointed to her cheek. I kissed her and then went to catch my suitcase. After I caught up with it, Noah pushed his book in.

"What book is that?"

"Oh! Love Reins. Maybe you can borrow it sometime once I finish. I'm almost through it all,"

"Cool! Oh! By the way," I rubbed my foot against the floor.

Noah

He rubbed his foot against the floor and then asked me a question.

"So. I have one plus one for the wedding in a month and I was going to ask you! We get first class on the plane to Indiana and get to—,"

I kissed him

"So is that a yes?"

"Yes Cody! Yes!"

One more chapter to go! Are you excited?!