Beachy Vibes

Cody

The sand blew into my face as the beach palm trees swayed. The sea limit was high and beach was private, so you would see a familiar faces here and there. My dad tossed me the keys as he shut the car door. We walked up to the house and took a deep breath in. As we sat down our suitcases, my dad told me the rules if I wanted to be here alone.

"Number one, no parties. Number two, since you guys are dating, separate beds. Number three, sunscreen for the beach. Number four, rental cars only. Number five, only the food that I bought. Good?"

"Yes Sir!" I saluted to him as Noah looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"I'm telling my aunt tomorrow about....This."

"Cool." He opened the door and looked back at us. "Have fun boys....Cody.....Noah you're in charge,"

"Fair enough,"

He shut the door and I waited five seconds for him to come right back in. Then he shut the door again. I looked at Noah. He looked at me. Then we both looked at the suitcases.

"Let's go put them in our room,"

"Oh no. If you have not noticed the following years of me being with you, I am a rule follower. So to follow them, I am going to sleep in my OWN bed."

"Party pooper"

"What was that?"

I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"PARTY POOPER!"

He came close to me and then tackled me.

"AHH! Okay! I take it back! Just get off me!"

"No! Not until you take it back for good!"

"AHH! Okay! Okay!"

He got off and looked at me. He kissed me on the cheek and followed me to my room. But he carried his suitcases.

"Is this happening?!?!"

He rolled his eyes and pushed me on the bed.

"Yes,"

I pulled his head close to mine and kissed him.

"Get on your trunks, we're going to the beach,"

"I do need a serious tan," He pushed me again as he walked into the bathroom.

I slid my trunks on and went to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and bathed me in sunscreen. Flipping my flip flops on I waited at the front door for Noah. He came down with his whole body washed with sunscreen except his nose.

I laughed.

"Why not the nose?"

"For many reasons. Now let's go."

I got my phone and looked at my texts.

My mom had texted and same with my dad.

Mom: Dinner Time
Come down
It's getting cold

Dad: I'm picking you and Noah up at seven for the proposal dinner
Make sure to wash and dress nice
No flip flops aloud
Got it?

I didn't respond to either

Noah

As I set up the umbrella Cody played in the water. He was cute when he got bit by the crab and even when the bird pooped on in head. He came over to me with his head wet from the water and his leg a little red from the crab.

"The beach hates me," He clarified.

I laughed and sat down in my lawn chair.

I checked my phone and looked at my texts

Cody's Mother: Noah?
Noah: Yes
Cody's Mother: are you with Cody?
Noah: yes
Cody's Mother: Will you tell him it's time for dinnerAnd to come home
Noah: Oh. He wasn't joking
Cody's mother: About what?
Noah: we are at the beach and he said that he wasn't going to tell you.
But I thought he was joking.
Cody's Mother: Does his father know
Noah: Yes
Cody's Mother: Have a good night Noah
Noah: Night Mrs. Anderson

Even though she sounded fine when we were texting, I could feel that she was crying.

Sorry this chapter was long, I hope that you liked it though! Not counting this chapter, I will be writing 3 more and that will be the end of this book! If I get over 75 votes I might make a sequel. I hope you liked it!