Chapter 14

I cant believe she would just leave like that without saying a word to any of us. Its not like her. The rest of the group is reading the letter she wrote. Im looking out to the shorline praying that it was all a joke and she would come swimming back laughing at us.
"We have to help her, she cant battle a tidal wave on her own!' My sister says. I knew Amber was right. Nixie cant do this alone. She needs our help. All of us.
"We have to get off this island. Together." I finally say.
Zach scoffs, "How are we supposed to do that genius? Your girlfriend killed our only way out!"
"We don't know they died, and what if Nixie was right and they were coming to kill us!" I am tired of letting him push me down and ridicule her. "Don't forget about the note the mayor had given us, and that says that she got replaced. Probably for helping us. Now we have to help her by helping save Nixie and the town we know and love."
Coral released Zachs hand. "He is right, we have to help. Me and Amber can swim and try to get back in time to help her."
"No, then we would be trapped here" Hunter spoke up, stepping closer to my sister. I am still not used to them being a thing . "What if we made a raft and you two pulled us back with you?"
Ambers eyes lit up, she had an idea that was better than her being the horse. Cause she would never do that, she is too prideful. "Good idea babe but not quite right," Babe... ew. "What if Coral used her talking to animal powers Nixie suggested, to use Dolphins or Sharks to pull the boys on a raft then we swim ahead and try to help Nixie til you arive."
Thats actually a good plan, with that we can make sure that we dont get stranded and we could still help Nixie. "Lets do it." I say and I look around the circle and we all nod our heads in agreement. Zach was the last to agree, but he knew he was outnumbered. Plus I would have happily left him here alone if he didn't want to come.
We had to work quickly, Nixie had a headstart and we still don't know how fast they can swim. The helicopter ride we took out here was about two hours, and so I am guessing that helicopters fly at 150 miles per hour. We are probably 300ish miles away from shore. So we need to move really fast to get there.
Hunter, Zach, and I worked together making a raft with whatever logs we could find. Then Hunter went and chopped down a palm tree while Zach and I used twine and vines to tie the logs together.
"You guys need a backboard, if you're going to be pulled very fast and we can't have you fall out." Amber said, then she ran over to Hunter and helped him chop down another palm tree. It was an hour or so later when we finished the raft. It had a half wall backboard then logs set at an angle to help secure it. We but some of our duffels and supplies along the edges to keep it balanced and secure. We had 3 very thick ropes hanging off the front so we could hook them onto a fish. Coral had spent the time looking and talking to fish, she figured it out fairly quickly, she said it was like people. She found three sailfish willing to help. Sailfish can swim up to 70 miles per hour, so it should get us there in about 4 hours.
We packed up our supplies in water proof cases and pushed it into the water. The girls helped once it was far enough in for them to hold it steady while we got in. We got all secured using ropes to tie us down so we had more security. I am the last one in the raft. I look over to my sister and give her a big hug.
    "Save her please, and don't push yourself too far. " My arms are still around her and she squeezes me tightly too. We pull away and i wipe away the tear that fell down her cheek. "Now go kick some ocean booty." She smiled and helped me up. I tied myself down as Amber and Coral secured the ropes only to the fish. Coral explained to the fish where to go, and luckily one of them as swam by Marina City before so it knew exactly where to go.
"You ready?" Hunter asks.
"As I will ever be." I reply. I nod to my sister who tells Coral to send them off. And after the initial whiplash of being pulled seventy miles per hour all of a sudden. We were having a steady ride home. Where I am just hoping we aren't too late