Chapter 1

Attention Junior boys and girls of Clearview High School! You could  have the chance to win an experience of a lifetime: to spend a whole month on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean! Three girls and three boys will be chosen to experience what it would have been like to live on an island  and to have the biggest adventure of their lives like when humankind first arrived. It'll be an opportunity of a lifetime!

The flyer was all over school, out of the three high schools in the district of Marina City. Why did it have to be mine? I feel bad for the people going on this trip, mostly because the teachers are assigning homework for it. It's bad enough that they have to battle bugs and animals, but now they have to battle math equations and literature too. It'll be a nightmare. Yet, all the sponsors that live in my city are taking care of everything required, so my parents said if I got picked to go, I would (like there would be a choice).  All of my teachers like me, so they gossiped towards me that they picked the students when they were first notified that Clearview was the school chosen. They didn't tell me who was going though. Nixie "Teacher's Pet" Hail, I knew that would bite me in the butt someday.

I'm just hoping it's not today...

The teachers didn't spill much, but they waited two days before the kids left for the trip,  so they could catch a break from the kids who wouldn't shut up, or at least the ones that thought they were "too cool for school". Which backfired, considering the kids who didn't want to go were acting like the ones the teachers were avoiding, and the ones who did were acting like perfect little angels. Today was the day that the school is announcing the kids from my grade who are going to the island. Our principal Mrs. Love made the announcement.

"Good morning students, you ready to find out who is going to the island?" She sounded happy, maybe the ones who were going were the bad kids after all. My best friend Coral, was bouncing in her seat and her sandy blond hair bouncing with her. She is sitting one row over and is closer to the front than I am. I was stuck  sitting between Jerry Benson, and Austin  Grey. Jerry was almost asleep on his desk, and Austin was picking something out of his teeth. Gross.

"Okay, the first boy in the trip is Hunter Reed, and the first girl on the trip will be Coral Patterson." Coral jumped out of her seat and almost screamed, but Mr. Smith gave her a "don't you dare" look, and she slowly sat back down. It made me giggle.  Mrs. Love continued.

"The next girl will be Amber Wood, and the next boy is Jack Wood, Amber's brother. The last two going to the island are..."

Please don't let it be me...

She gave a dramatic pause -- a scary one at that -- "Nixie Hail and Zach Phillips, now all of you report to the office immediately. Now on with the daily bulletin!" Ms. Love finished.

Of course.

I don't even know why I was surprised in the slightest, I always had the worst luck in the world. Coral got out from her seat and grabbed a hall pass from Mr. Smith. I, however, was still in my seat the others all staring at me. I can feel the heat rushing to my cheeks. Coral's hair still bouncing everywhere, her homemade pink earrings matched her pink skirt with a flowery blouse and pink jacket with cowboy boots.

The amount of pink she wears kills me.

Yet me, with my natural blonde highlights in my brunette hair, wearing black jeans, and short sleeve peace sign shirt with a large leather jacket. I'm also wearing an extremely frozen face as well. I must have looked like a girl who just got herself stuck on an island with her two best friends and three guys (who were the most annoying humans ever).

Oh wait, I did.

I felt someone lifting me out of my seat and looked up to find Coral pulling me up, with a face full of light and excitement, mine I bet was blank.