CHAPTER 1

LAUREN'S POV

It's happening again, for the third freaking time. I don't know what I ever did to that so called Boss of mine but he has vehemently refused to accept any presentation I put forward. So once again Ren you are off to proving to him that you deserve this. I hail over a taxi to take me at the restaurant so I can forward my presentation hopefully it will work this time.

After about twenty minutes or so am standing at the grand PER SE. The sweet aroma of delicious food hit my nostrils hard as my stomach grumble in return." Breath in, out you can do this," I convince myself, this has been my chanted mantra since the day all of my presentations were rejected. I look at my watch and realize that am five minutes late.

I hurriedly walk in and scan the place quickly as I spot my very sweet nice boss ,note the sarcasm, as I walk towards his table I have this weird feeling that someone is watching me. I look around out of suspicion as my eyes lock with this most beautiful ocean blue eyes just some table away from my boss, I cast my eyes away as I continue chanting my mantra.

"Good morning sir am sorry am late, traffic and all," I say. He stares at me pretty annoyed as my boss' other partner smiles at me. "Miss Hopkins may I remind you that you have only this one chance to prove to me that you can be an efficient employee at my company," he glares at me as he says. I swallow hard as I start up my presentation, lest I forget everything. I take up everything step by step not forgetting any details but that's when I realize that Mr. Harold isn't paying any attention while the other man keeps smiling at me devilishly.

I wrap up waiting for my boss' remarks but he just continues typing on his phone. "Sir am done," I mutter but he doesn't speak up. At that moment a waiter walks in our table with cocktails just then I grab my files but accidentally collide with the waiter as all the drinks come pouring down my front soaking all my attires. This prompt action gets my boss' attention as he stares at me as though I had grown another nose. " I knew it was a mistake getting you here look how you've embarrassed me in public, Miss Hopkins am afraid that you won't be needed as an employee in my organization," he chimed.

This all information burns me out as I feel prickling tears on my eyes. "S-Sir I promise it was not intentional I didn't think that this would happen, please sir give me a chance I swear that I'll do my utmost best" I said as I sniffed away my tears. I looked at him with pleading eyes as his partner leans over to him to whisper something that is when I realize that all this commotion had caused attention and everyone was looking at me but someone else's stare was the one which had me all riled up. The other people's look of disgust towards me is what made my tears flood down as I use my wet sleeves to wipe my uncontrollable tears.

My boss voice brought me back to my senses as he cleared his throat.

"Well miss Hopkins I think I can consider your offer," he said as he glanced at me with a weird smirk ," but my business partner here needs a favor." he continued.

I swallowed hard as I braced myself to listen, " Miss Hopkins am not staying here for long I will be going back really soon so I might as well need company in my hotel room for some fun consider this very well and I assure you that you'll get your job immediately even a raise. I stared at this men in front of me with disbelief at what they were trying to say hoping that no else heard their outrageous offer.

"What are you trying to say sir?" I asked.

"Stop being naïve Miss Hopkins, you know very well what am talking about."

"Just spend this weekend in my arms and the job is yours." the other freak commented licking his lips disgustingly.

"Am sorry sir but I can not do what you are asking of me." I stated as more tears ran down my cheeks

"Then consider your job off." My boss said as he stared at me with disgust

I stood up feeling utterly embarrassed from the conversation I just had with this two example of human beings, my head hurt and I felt dizzy that I found myself almost collapsing just then two strong arms caught me. I stared at my savior and those mesmerizing blue eyes strained my energy away not forgetting his cologne that sent me shivering.

"Honey, how many times have I warned you not to attend this meetings on my behalf?" the strange handsome Greek god asked.

"What are....

"You never listen to me, this is the third time am finding you in this mess." he continued

My eyes narrowed at him as I listened to what he was saying perhaps he had confused me with someone else maybe his wife. That's when I realized that all the attention was focused on us, what bewildered me was the murmurs I was hearing.

"OMG that's the richest billionaire Mr. Myles who is he holding?" one of the people said, even my boss and his partner stood up horror on their face as they looked at him then at me. Sweat dripping from their foreheads as they stared at me pitifully.

"Mr. Harold I don't know why you would speak to my Fiancée in such a manner especially in public." Mr. Myles continued. Everything he was saying was hard to process as I tried deeply to understand him all I could do is stare at him. "Sir am deeply sorry I didn't mean to disgrace her in that manner if I knew that she was your Fiancée then I wouldn't have done so." Mr. Harold pleaded

The Greek god looked at me as he smiled then turned to my former boss with a snare, "no one talks and humiliates my woman like that and goes unpunished." he snarled

Then he did something that I could not have expected he captured my lips on his passionately that I had no time to protest then smiled at me.

"This is the last time am going to warn you about leaving your ring in the house," he said as he placed a mighty diamond embedded ring on my finger. I swallowed hard as I just stared at this man not knowing what to tell him. He then turned towards Mr. Harold anger radiating from his face.

"Jack." he called, a petite man came splattering through the crowd that had formed fear evident on his face.

"Yes sir, you called." jack replied

"Jack ensure that Mr. Harold here hands over his company together with his partner over to me or they spend the rest of their lives in jail for humiliating my Fiancée." he said

Shock radiated on my bones as I saw the power that this man had as Mr. Harold and his partner signed the papers without arguing. "Now do the necessary sirs." Myles commented

"We are truly sorry Miss Hopkins please." they said in unison

I just looked at them not understanding what is happening, " come my love lets go home you've had such a tiresome day." he held my harm as he took me out of that place

That's when I knew that I had gotten into some trouble.

SO THERE IS THE STARTER HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT!

THERE'S STILL A LOT MORE COMING ON THIS BOOK!

DON'T FORGET COMMENT,VOTE AND SHARE!!!