CHAPTER 4

LAUREN'S POV

I had just walked into my apartment feeling exhausted and tired from all the drama that took place today. My best friend Amanda all of a sudden jumped on me hugging me tightly while smiling.

"Oh My God, I can't believe you never told me that you knew 'Mr Myles and that you guys were engaged, I thought you were my best friend, why didn't you tell me?" She said the last part frowning at me.

I just stood there amazed at how she got the information. "How did you know about that?" I asked her not even paying attention to how angry she was. Then she went over and picked up her laptop then presses play on a video and when I cast my eyes on it, blood drained from my body as I saw the earlier scene where Jayden saved me from my horrible ex boss and proposed to me.

I can't believe someone took a video of that but why am I surprised it's the multi billionaire we are talking about here.

"Back to earth for your Highness." Amanda said while snapping her fingers towards my face.

"Amanda I promise it's not what you think I just met the guy today, I didn't even know that he was a billionaire. Am so confused Amanda." I said the last part as I slammed on the couch sobbing. Amanda rushed to me consoling me.

"Am telling you he's so mean, immediately I entered his car he......

" Wait....what, you entered his car?" She interrupted me.

"Amanda will you listen or should I stop?" I retorted

"Ooh am sorry honey." She cooed

"So as I was saying... When I entered his car he became all of a sudden different. He became so rude and even offered me to pretend to be his fiancée for two months so that he can get a deal done. So when I refused he threatened me. I don't know what I ever did to him Amanda." I said as I continued crying

I was not supposed to disclose this information to anyone but she is my best friend I can't hide this from her. I had to make sure though that she would not tell anyone.

"I can't believe he would do that, what does he take you for, some cheap slut he can buy to act all fake for him? Am telling you no one messes with my best friend, I'll go personally over to his office and show him who he messed up with." Amanda said and I couldn't help but smile. Ever since my past dark painful life I found her and she's been all the family and support I need.

"No Mandy, you can't do that because this is supposed to be a secret. We are supposed to act like it's all real and...." I hesitated telling her what was to happen because I knew it would shatter her.

" He said that.....that I.....I should move in with him....that he's coming to pick me up." I said looking down at my fingers.

"You can't leave me Ren, tell that bastard that you are not moving in with him." She said this time tears rolling down her cheeks. I grabbed her and hugged her tightly while she started sobbing on my shoulder. Ironic right? I was the one comforting her now.

"Mandy as I said I don't have a say in this , l already told you that it's supposed to be real. I wish I could take you along with me but I don't want you dragged into more of my mess and have a repeat of what happened in the past." I finished as she looked at me nodding.

Later that night we ate dinner and stayed up watching movies and telling each other how we'll miss each other's company. We even cried for what seemed like an hour or so. I know I had a say not to give into that Man's schemes but something drove me to him. He looked so familiar like have known him somewhere in my life and not forgetting that he would make my life a living hell if I didn't comply to his demands. Luckily he would pay me and that enough would help me pay off all of my debts especially to that conniving asshole of a man.

I sighed as I closed my eyes knowing that tomorrow is going to be a very long day and that I am to wake up and pack before the so called Mr. Myles comes barging in my door, seeking his fiancée.

MY LOVELIEST PEEPS AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATES HAVE BEEN BUSY FOR A WHILE.

SO WHEN I WROTE THIS CHAPTER I REMEMBERED HOW I PARTED FROM MY BEST FRIEND ALICE COZ OF THIS CORONA STUFF I FELT LIKE CRYING COZ I MISS HER
Don't forget dears vote comment and share