{ 15 }

i woke up to the fluorescent lights yet again their was a faint conversation going on between eunjo and chaerin

haechan was leaning on my bedside, facing opposite of me. i started playing with his hair and he jolted up, hugging me tightly.

"jesus christ yoonhye you scared me when you said 'goodnight' like what the hell" he whispered in my ear. everyone else seemed to have noticed that i woke up and came to give me some hugs.

"ms yoonhye, this isn't good that this is the second time we meet today" the doctor scolded me and i hung my head.

"wait second?" renjun looked over at me

"so that's why the three of you were late coming in today" seungmin nodded for me considering the doctor was about to speak once again.

"so because this is the second time you've been admitted today, we have to go through with the surgery right away. i was told that your parents live in busan so i previously called them for the consent and of course they approved for the sake of you life. if you still havent told the person please tell them or it'll be very awkward for them once your surgery is complete" i nodded and hung my head low once again

"we'll come get you in about an hour or sooner if you wish" the doctor left and everyone looked at me. i looked over at seungmin and eunjo for help.

"you gotta tell him yoon" was the only thing eunjo responded with before she dragged chaerin out with her to go to the vending machines.

haechan and seungmin both walked out and ushered for jeno and renjun to join him. the two boys eyes widened when they realised what that meant.

"...wait-" jaemin froze realizing he was the only one left in the room besides me. tears brimmed my eyes and i couldnt even look at him.

"you're playing with me right? you just wanted me by your side while you called him?" jaemins voice was slightly panicked, i didn't know if it was because he felt embarrassed and didn't want me to like him or just that he was in the state of denial.

"im sorry jaemin, i-i love you" the tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes, what hurt even more was his lack of reaction. he just sat there staring at me blankly.

"why couldn't you have told me sooner?"

"it's not like anything would've changed"

he looked down at the floor.

"i could've helped you yoon" he chuckled a little, still in shock

"with what jaem? the fact that i was always around you made it kick in sooner. yes i admit I've liked you for a long time now and no i did not expect myself to fall in love with you. but theres nothing you could've done that would fix this situation. i didn't want you to force your feelings because it's not the same, you have an amazing girlfriend and i'd hate myself even more if i took you from her. so please jaemin, don't tell me you could've helped" by this point i was sobbing uncontrollably. i wasn't expecting myself to begin sobbing. he just sat there, unable to say anything.

"im sure you understand that after the surgery you'll be nothing but a stranger that i have memories with to me" my voice was softer this time but still broken. he looked up at me, still unable to piece together the right words to say to me.

"im going to call the doctor to get the surgery done now. take this as my last goodbye as i don't see anyone loving me back in a short period of time. by the time i find that and the chance to fix our friendship returns, i'll probably be a distant memory to you" this time, he started crying. he nodded hesitantly and i scoffed at how he couldn't say anything. he stood up slowly when i motioned him away.

"goodbye na jaemin"

smh he could've at least said sOmEtHiNg