{ 3 }

i couldnt look up at her

i couldnt look up at her. partly because i was ashamed that i had fallen hard for jaemin, but mainly because i was in too much pain to move.

"we have to get you to the doctors" eunjo helped me back onto my own two feet, guiding me towards her car and buckling me in.

"i can do it myself, im not a baby" my remark was weak but enough to make her chuckle and pat the top of my head

"you're mine and hyunjins baby, have you forgotten already?"

¤

"like you said, you have hanahaki. it's not too serious right now so you still have time to see if the person can return the feelings" the doctor told us while examining the wilting flower petals i had coughed up earlier.

"how long until it gets worse?" eunjo really seemed like my guardian at times like these.

"well if she were to stay away, about 3 weeks until it can reach its worst. however if the two are close, which i'd assume they are, it can get worse in a week or so" she nodded and looked over to me who just smiled back.

we left the doctors office and went straight to my dorm. i walked into my room and sadly sat down on my bed.

"we still have time yoon, we can get him to like you back" i scoffed

"eun, do you understand how bad that can play out" she stopped and looked down at her feet.

"even if he would go along with it because of this stupid disease, it'd have to be real love. i don't want him to be forced into loving me, it's not the same" i said the last bit with a smaller voice, i felt almost ashamed.

if i hadn't had fallen for that stupid, highly attractive, smart, funny, caring and talented guy we wouldn't be in this situation right now. ugh who am i kidding, no one could pass up on someone that perfect.

"im going to nap" eunjo chuckled at me while i fell back onto my bed and rolled onto my side.

"i'll take my leave then. see you tomorrow child"

when she walked out of my room, my mind instantly filled with thoughts of him. i thought about what way could make him like me back. flirting? nah we already do that all the time. maybe if i confess? no that could ruin our friendship and make this thing worse.

i lay on my back, staring at the ceiling above me. it was already 8, time really passed when you're stuck in your thoughts. if i can't get him to love me back, does that mean i'll hate him if i want to survive?

my eyelids grew heavy. i tried to fight them and stay awake but eventually gave in and closed my eyes, almost instantly falling asleep.

***ringgggg***

my phone wouldn't shut up. the ringtone was loud and echoed through the quiet room that i called home. my eyes immediately shot open due to the loud noise.

it was still dark outside and there seemed to be barely any cars on the street. when the ringing stopped, i looked over at the time

3 : 09 am

who the hell is calling me at 3am? my eyes widened at the text.

" i saw you cough up those petals "