Epilogue

3 years and some months after.

I saw a phone lit up. I thought it was mine so I get it from the side table at the sala. It was Jia's.

She just got back from her second Thailand camp and she immediately went here to check on me. It will be the first time that she will see me walking after my surgery, besides video call.

I looked at the phone and I saw a text from a guy I work with before.

Miguel: 'Jia, babe. I miss you already. Hope you can work things out with Bea and come back to me. I love you.'

My whole world crashed in front of me.

*

"Hey." Jia said and greeted me with a hug. "I miss you so much. Sorry I need to go to the CR. Long ride." I wasn't sure how to react on seeing her after what I just read.

"Ji." I said in a plain and low voice manner.

"Uhm, no I missed you too?" She said disappointed as she sat in front of me. We are at the study cause I was working when she finally talked to me.

"Jia..." I called her and held her hand. I was about to say the speech that I have been formulating for the past months when someone opened the door.

"Be..." Said by the person who just entered. 

Jhoanna.

She stopped when she realized that Jia was with me. "Uh, sorry Jia, I saw you walking to the kitchen so I thought you were still there." She looked at me and then to Jia. "I'll leave na Bei."

Jia nodded slowly to her and then looked at me. She spoke after she heard a click on the door. "She's still here." She said in amusement.

"Yeah. I needed her."

"Needed." She said emphasizing the tense of the word. "Past tense. I'm here now, I'm not going anywhere."

"She took care of me Jia. When you were gone, she's here."

"What is that supposed to mean?" She said in a confusion and worry.

"Jia." I stood up an sat in front of her. "You know when they say that when you are in a life and death situation, all your life moments flashes before your eyes."

"Yes." She said and listened to me intently.

"When I got shot because of Deanna's island, that happened to me. But the weirdest thing is, it's not my life. It's yours."

She just looked at me plainly and I can't erase the words that I read from her phone earlier.

"Yours and..." I took a deep breath before speaking again. "Yours. Your life without me."

"What are you talking about?" She said in confusion.

"When we were at the camp, remember when Ate Ly and Mika argued and we heard all of it? After that, I heard and saw you and Ate Den talking with each other. You asked her about her and Ate Ly. She told you that one of the reason why she didn't pursue Ate Ly more is that, she want's a conventional family. A family that she can bring to special moment and gathering, a family that she can be proud of."

She nodded as she remembered that particular moment. "And when she told you that, I saw a particular look on your face. A face that is telling me..."

"Bea." She said firmly.

"Jia, I know what I saw. A backyard, with 3 children running around. Your husband.." I said with emphasis. "Hammer on his hand, building the mini playground. You, kettle on your hand giving him tea."