XXXII

After many tries, I still couldn't get some clean quicks.

After that, they tried to test my block, which is surprisingly still on point.

Then after that, my service.

During the duration of me playing in the court, I caught Ysa looking, no, staring and smiling at me.

She's friendly.

"Hello Coach."

"Hi Ysa."

"Pagod?"

"Yeah. Hindi na sanay sa babad."

"Did you miss playing?"

"Yes."

"What made you get back? Cause I heard you flew to states."

"Deanna." I remember a particular event on both of them. She accidentally gave her a facial on one of our games. She crossed towards our side and gave her a hug. See? Friendly. "You remember her right?"

"Oh yes." She smiled. "Where is she now by the way?"

"She's abroad. She plays there. We met there, and we played. That was the first time that I played competitively again after my UAAP stint. It made me miss the ball and the court so much. So I decided to get back."

"Ahh."

"And Jia." I smiled. "She's very supportive."

"Jia Morado, girlfriend?" I choked on my own saliva that she had to caress my back.

I hope. "Nah. Best friend."

"Ahh. Sorry." She looked at the ceiling. "Well you two look good together naman."

We were joined by Ate Ly, who taking a break just now, cause she talked to Kat.

"So you are single now Coach Bea?" The question made ate Ly looked at us.

I just nodded. She had these gleam on her eyes when I answered. Maybe I was just imagining things.

"Ikaw po coach Ly?"

She shook her head no.

"Who's the lucky guy?" She asked excitedly.

Ate Ly looked at me, which made me think, are they and Mika, public? I don't see photos of them together on their Instagram, or from the fans.

"Uhh, Ysa. Maybe you should go back to training. Ate Fille is calling you na oh."

"Oh shit. Laters Coach's." When she was on a considerable distance from us, I asked ate Ly.

"We are not public."

"Why?"

"My parents, their business, fans. There is a lot of reasons Bea."

I just nodded.

"She likes you." She said.

"Who likes who, now?" I asked confused.

"Ysa likes you."

"What?"

"Wala, tara na." She walked towards the court.

"Ate?" I walked behind her.

Whenever I can, I practice on my service with Kyla, my blocks with Kat and Ate Ly, and my quicks with Ate Jem.

I can't teach if I can't do it.

The end of the training is getting nearer but I still couldn't feel my connection to the setter.