XXXV

As much as I wanted to scream that I love Jia to the whole world, I can't.

My parents, her parents, they still have no idea that we are together.

"Bea stop. Mas gumagalaw pa yung sasakyan sa kuyakoy mo eh."

"Ganyan ka kasi hindi mo pa ime-meet you parents ko. Ganto ka den pag ime-meet mo sila. Pustahan."

"N-No I won't."

"Talaga lang ha?"

She drove us to their house in Paranaque.

"Shit Jia, what if magalit sila na tayo na agad. We can start over let's forget about yesterday."

"Excuse me?!" Jia exclaimed. I get her hand from the steering wheel and intertwine with me.

"I love you and your family. But I just can't afford to loose them, if they found out." I tried to joke to ease my nervousness, and she pulled her hand away. "I'm kidding. I'm just so nervous." I get her hand again. "And, I suppose they don't know that you are bi."

"Relax. You can do it. Wala naman yung shotgun ni Papu dito. Pinahiram nya sa kaibigan nya."

"Jiaaaaaa!!!"

She laughed. "Joke lang, as if naman ipapahiram nya yun."

"Jiaaaaaaa!!!"

She laughed much louder. "Tara." She stepped out of the car.

I hate her now that she's teasing me.

Just kidding guys. I love her but I really am nervous.

I stepped out of the car and walked behind her. My knees were not participating, making me stumble, so I punched it. Jia looked at me, so I stood up straight and smiled at her, pretending that I didn't hurt myself.

She stopped, 5 steps before their door.

"Uhm, just a heads up. I used to date a girl back in high school. So..."

"What?!" She laughed much more louder now. "Julia Melissa Morado, makakaganti den ako." She held my hand.

"If it ease your heart, we can postpone this. We can break up now."

"Huh?!"

"I'm kidding. I love you."

She said she loves me. Maybe it will really be alright "I'm ready." I said with glee.

*

"Ate Jiaaaa!!!" Jobok said.

"Hey kiddo."

"Jia, anak!!"

"Mamu, Papu." She said, make mano and kissed their cheeks.

"H-Hello po, good afternoon." I make mano to them.

"Kasama mo pala si Bea anak hindi mo sinabi. Jobok magluto ka ng kanin pa."

After Jobok cooked another batch of rice, we were in the table to eat.

"Anong problema ngayon Bea?"

"Po?"

"Naalala mo ba nung nandito ka, tahimik ka kasi natulog ka sa sofa." Mamu said.

"Ha?" Jia said surprise. "Natulog ka sa sofa?"

"Oo anak kasi inagaw mo daw yung buong kama." I was just nodding and shaking my head no at the same time so I looked like the dog on jeepneys. I don't want Jia to know that, but I can't asked Mamu to lie.

"Bea?"

"Later." I faced her parents. "Papu, I mean T-tito. S-sir." I started to stutter.

Jia held my stone cold hands. "Papu, Mamu, Jobok. Kami na ni Bea."