XXIII

Okay, if you are going to ask me why I didn't want to hear her talking about Jho. I just don't. That's how immature I am, avoiding a mature conversation. And that's how idiotic I was trying to hide that I was starting to like Bea.

And now, I just confirmed it. Damn.

"Jia? Okay ka lang?"

She asked me worriedly. I felt my face warmed because of the slap that I earned from myself. Damn, I forgot I was a volleyball player.

It's nothing. It's just the scene that made me... you know.... see her differently. Right, Jia, keep convincing yourself that you don't like her, even tho you know wholeheartedly, that you are.

"Jia?"

"Huh?"

She chuckled lightly. "Why did you that?"

"Uhm. Lamok. Oo, may lamok."

"Here? Inside my car? Where?"

"Yea. Wala na, napatay ko na. Nakabukas kasi kanina, diba? Malapit na pala tayo." I changed the subject.

5 minutes later she was pulling up on our garage and I can't wait to get out of the car, cause the mere presence of Bea was making me.... confused. I hastily removed my seat belt and get out of the car and tried to concentrate my thoughts away from her.

When I felt her warm hands on my waist, my body stiffen again. "Ji? Okay ka lang ba talaga?"

"Ahh oo. Baka pagod, antok, gutom lang." Excuses, excuses Jia.

"Tara na, pasok na kaya tayo para makapagpahinga ka."

I walked towards the door and Bea had to go back to the car to get her things. Breath Jia. Relax. Composure.

When I pressed the door bell, Jobok opened it and gave me a hug. Damn I missed this kid, even I just saw him last weekend.

"Mamu? Papu?" I shouted as I enter the house.

"Jia. Hindi ka nag sabi na uuwi ka pala? At kasama mo pa si Bea, anak."

"Ah opo Mamu. Namiss ko po kasi si Jobok, and she insisted to drive me kasi meron pa po akong training tomorrow."

"May training ka pala eh baket lumuwas ka pa?"

On cue Bea was behind me. "Told you." She whispered to be before smiling towards my parents. "G-Good afternoon po Tita Mamu and Tito Papu."

"Magandang hapon den ija." We arrived at 4pm.

"PIZZA!" Jobok exclaimed as she saw Bea holding three boxes of those. She handed it to him and scuffled his hair.

"Kumain muna kayo at aayusin ko ang hihigaan nyo."

"Thanks 'Mu."

She sat down the dining area. At first I was going to sit in front of her, as per usual, but hesitated cause... you know, that's Bea.

So... as smart as I can be, and just to make sure I can breath normally, I sat farthest from her. 3 seats apart.

She looked at me in askance.

Thankfully, Jobok, as "madaldal" as he can be, she sat beside Bea and engaged a conversation with her. Talking about volleyball and other stuff. Thank you Jobok.

With Bea, occupied, I had the time to think what may have happened earlier. It was just the moment, and maybe, just maybe, the fact that she drove me to our house, reminds me of Miguel. We used to have these midnight drives and ordering pizza and milkshakes. Opening the trunk sitting there and enjoying the moment.