XII

"So, don't get me wrong, and I won't judge you okay. I respect you and Tots, but if you say no to my question, I will definitely not going to believe you."

"Ano yun?"

"Being bi and with Bea, in the same roof, same company, same everything, should be hard to both of you."

"Oh..." My throat suddenly felt dry as there is not one, not two, but uncountable times that me and Bea were just inches close from doing it.

She chuckled. "Believe me, been there done that." I snapped my head towards her. She raised her brows at me. "Don't ask questions pa, alam mo na meaning ko."

"You and Bea?"

"Not that kind of relationship. Much more.. non-exclusive." I was staring at her, still trying to get what she meant. "We were friends.. with benefits."

My jaw dropped open. I can't believe it. I know that Bea mentioned quite a number of girls, but not Ponggay. No, I was convinced that they are just best friends. "That was long ago Ced, don't worry. I'm straight as a ruler and is unbend-able now."

I chuckled at her word and we sipped our beers.

"So? My question?"

"Uh.. well." I felt uncomfortable saying this to Ponggay. Now knowing they had something from before.

"Okay. I hid our relationship from everybody until today. So kung sasabihin ko man kahit kanino yung iku-kwento mo, you can tell them mine. Mine was much more unacceptable. Imagine, magkakasama kami sa iisang dorm. And then there was Maddie and Jho."

"Maddie?"

"Yea, she had a thing with Bei."

"Wow."

"Wala pa den tiwala? Di pa den kaya umamin?"

"Uhm..." I chuckled and started to tell her my most memorable moment with Bea. Romantically memorable.

Flashback.

I was still on the office finishing some reports that is due tomorrow when Bea knocked on my door. She is going to go out with her friends to this new bar.

"You sure you don't want to come?"

"Alam mo Bei naguguluhan na ako sayo eh, sabi mo due na 'to tomorrow at 7am tapos ngayon you're confusing me and asking me to come with you. You know what, I will be a good employee and stay late until this is finished."

"I was just asking." She raised her hands. 

"Go! Enjoy."

"Here are my Hilux keys." She lend me her other car as she will use her Mazda rx. When she was about to open the door, she looked at me again. "Please don't scratch my car."

"I'm not so sure about that Bei." She gave me a death glare before really going out.

And then she left. I was there, alone. On the evening before my birthday.

I stayed there until 1am and when I finished the report I slammed my laptop close and sang myself the mandatory song.

"Happy Birthday to me!"

I suddenly miss my family, and friends. It's the first time I'm celebrating oversees, and away from them.

And Her, we had this huge fight that I wasn't even talking to her for nearly 3 days.

'Damn her pride.'

I stepped into her office to put the reports on her desk when I saw a note on the middle of the table.