I

"Good morning boss!" Ced is looking at me and cooking breakfast, all energetic. I looked at the time, it's only 6am.

"Where do you get that energy? Aren't you jet lagged?" I said while scratching my eyes.

"I am, I am jet lagged. Wala siguro excited lang sa new work. Let's eat?"

Just as she set the plate with bacon and eggs, then I realized my hunger. We didn't had dinner, at least I am. I didn't know about this girl in front of me, I immediately slept last night. 

"Good morning po Maam Bea." Ate Susan emerged at my back carrying a broom and a mop.

"Ate, tara kain na po tayo."

"Sige po maam, salamat po at kumain po kami sa likod." She as talking about the small kitchen and dining table at the back where they usually eat and stay after working hours, near their bedrooms.

"Hmm. About that. Can you not eat at the back pag tayo tayo lang?"

"Po?" Tanong ni Ate Susan, and confusion all over her face.

"Ayaw kong kumakain kayo sa likod. Unless I invite guests over. Parang inappropriate lang. Tayo tayo na nga lang nandito, hiwahiwalay pa tayo."

I saw Ced smiled at my gesture, and looked at ate Susan.

"O-Okay po sabihin ko po kay Ed." Kuya Ed is our driver, maintenance, gardener and runner just in case we need somethings.

I just nodded and continued to munch my food. It's good. In fairness she's a good cook.

"I should book my Uber." Ced said as she finished her bacon.

"You can come to office with me."

"Nako wag na po, nakakahiya, nakitira na nga ako, makikisabay pa ako."

"It's okay ano ka ba." I insisted.

"Okay lang po ba talaga sainyo?"

"Mag-o-offer ba ako kung hindi? Alis tayo ng 7am." She nodded and proceeded to her room.

*

After 30 minutes I was ready, I waited for her at the living room, flicking the channels. The arrangement of the house is kinda the same from before we left it here. There are 2 bedrooms and a guest room at the second floor, each room has its own shower, queen size bed, TV. Difference is my room has it's own PlayStation and sound system, which I rarely use, and I have access to the veranda which has a coffee table there so I can enjoy the view of sunset and sunrise while sipping a cup of Java.

From the rooms at the second floor, there is a pool at the third and a small gym beside it. A half court basketball area and a net for volleyball. When you go down from the second to the first floor, at your front is the door going outside, kitchen and dinning door your left and the living room at your right. The TV facing you, and there is a sofa in front of it.

"Uh, maam? Let's go po?" I snapped my head to her direction who is wearing a simple dress and her white blazer on her hand. I, on the other hand is wearing smart casual clothes and a blue blazer on my hand also. I went outside and proceeded to my car. I plan to open the passenger door for her door but.... I hesitated and just proceeded to my side of the car.

"Maam, pasensya na po, nakakahiya na po talaga, bukas po mag U-Uber na lang po ako." As I prepare to drive I answered her.

"Okay, first, no calling of Ma'am if we are at home or even outside the office, unless business, call me Bea. Second, tigilan mo nang kaka-sabi ng nakakahiya at pasensya. If you're an inconvenience, you can't even see me or talk to me." I smiled and turned the engine on and the engine roared. I saw her flinched as she was not expecting that. I chuckled.

The travel to the office was quiet, maybe cause I was not up to making daldal muna, and concentrated on driving instead, and she was shy cause of the "inconvenience" the she was making, so she said.

When we arrived, I parked my car on my parking space. Has a pole and a signage that says "CEO" on it. Feels good? No, I got the goosebumps cause I was feeling nervous. Suuuuuuuper nervous.

We got greeted by the receptionist and then a lady approached us. "Ma'am De Leon, Dra. Domingo? Good morning, my name is Justine and I will be your assistant. This is Sheila, she will accompany Dra. Domingo." She has her own assistant. "Can I lead you to your office?" I nodded and she led the way.

14th floor, coincidence? I really don't know.

On the way to my office, she introduced me to some key staff and sometime she point to which area was which. She also told me that she is a Filipina so we sometimes talk in Tagalog.

"Eto po." She handed me a key card for my room. When she opened, I really felt like, shit I am really a CEO, and I get the goosebumps again. My office is just as huge as my living room!! As soon as I entered, since it has a glass wall on the right, left and front, I was amused. It has the view of Central Park. I stood there for a while and appreciate the view. Large table at the middle, 2 chairs in front of it, a small table at the side of those. My chair is comfortable as fuck. 

There is a round table with 4 chairs surrounding it. I supposed that's for meetings and stuffs. What got my attention is a huge stack of papers in it. Before I approach that, Jus, she prefer to be called that way, said that I have my own kitchen, restroom and a small bedroom at the door on my right.

There is also a small architecture and paintings at my office. I was fascinated and felt giddy cause Jus told me that my Mom insisted to put those, she knows that I love history and those are clearly historical things. I suddenly missed them. 

 "Uh, Jus? What are those papers?" I walked towards it.

"Ah, yan po yung naiwanan nung nakaraang CEO. Si Sir Pablo. Wala pa pong signature yung iba jan and hindi pa po na rereview. I will be honest Ma'am Bea, medyo hindi po maganda ang performance ng company these past few months."

"Yea, I heard. Well that didn't put any pressure to me." I chuckled, more of a nervous chuckle, while scanning those papers. It was a bunch of approval, letters of requests for medical missions, reports on testings and a bunch of monthly report. I pulled out the monthly report and I immediately scratched my brows. It really did plummet.

"So we are hoping that you can help bring the company to its feet again."

"Pressure Jus, that won't help." I said in a straight face before looking at her. At first I saw her stiffen at her feet but immediately relaxed when she saw me smirked.

I set down the report and proceeded to my table. I plopped on my seat and I swear I can sleep on this chair. So comfy as fuck!

There was a knock on the door, 3 people emerged, Ced, Sheila, and another person who is wearing a corporate attire.

Oh and by the way, Ced is looking good in her white blazer.

"This is Juliet, she is our Vice President and acting CEO since. Filipina." Jus introduced her.

"Hello Bea." She reached out her hand for a shake and I gladly took it.

"Since we are all here, maybe we can have a chat about this company. My company." I asked them.