VI

9 months later.

"Ma'am Bea?"

"Yea?" I asked, not looking up to Jus. I was busy reviewing the other month's report.

"Baka masyado namang lumago ang kumpanya nyan." I heard a familiar man's voice, so I snapped my head up and my eyes started to water.

"Mom?! Dad?!" I came running towards them, stumbling in the process.

"Careful lady. How are you? You got slim."

"Oh I miss you both! And no I did not, this is what you called sexy Dad. Jus, tell him." Jus chuckled and excused herself.

"I missed you too, and we need to talk." I led them at the table.

"Urg. Last time that we talked you let me handle this company." I muttered my thank you to Jus who served our refreshments.

"Did you hate it?"

"No mom. I love it! Just like you said. In exception to the meetings and the late night job. Other than that. I like it."

"Well, I was hoping the other way around." Dad said.

"Huh?!" I asked raising my right brow.

"You know that your Kuya finished his Master's degree already, right?"

"Righ..t..."

"We decided to let Kuya handle this company, and since you have done a tremendous job on bringing this company back, you will be included in BOD instead."

My face gleamed. "Meaning no more meetings and late night work?" I said in a very child being bribed by food.

"No more, just crucial decision making."

"I prefer that. Where is he by the way?"

"He's still at Philippines, enjoying, just like what you did before." I chuckled at that.

"When is he taking over?"

"Months from now."

"Hmm. When will he arrive here?"

"A week after tomorrow."

"A.."

The door opened. "Ma'am, these are the repo..." Ced walked in not looking at me, not knocking, a habit that she developed over the years. It's not that I am complaining, it was totally okay, but sometimes things like these happen.

"Good morning Dra. What report?" Dad cut her off.

"G-Good morning Mr. De Leon. I'm sorry I-I-I didn't know that B-Bea, Ms. de Leon had visitors."

"You would've known if you knocked. That is not the manner that Filipinos should have." Dad is teasing her. He does that! Intimidating people and right now it is working with Ced. She is flushed. Her face is turning pale.

"S-Sor..ry Mr. De L-Leon. I.. uh..." I stood up and walked towards her. Looks like she is going to faint anytime!

"Dad stop it." Dad slowly smiled and Mom can finally tap his shoulder. I can feel Ced relaxed as she was holding her breath since she stepped inside my office. "Relax." I led her to my table, and got the paper that she was holding. "It's nothing. It's just Dad."

"Just Dad?! That's basically my employer!" She whispered but more like a shout. "Pag ako nawalan ng trabaho buhayin mo ako. Good thing that I didn't called you "shit face"."

Yea, she calls me that, at the house, and 1 time only here in the office. We had this Christmas party on a private bar that I rented for the company. I was "shit-face-wasted" and she ended up taking care of me, that night and the day after cause I was sooooooo hung over. Since then she called me shit-face, when I piss her off.

One time I got drunk at 11:30 in the morning here at my office cause I was pissed on a business partner that ditched me on our meeting. It was like life or death meeting, that was a big deal. I was throwing Jus and Juliet, they are just reminding me another meeting at 3pm, 4pm, and 5:30pm, and Ced had enough. She storm here at my office, pointed on my face and said 'Hey shit-face, get your shit together, or I swear your shit-ass will really get in trouble if I report you to the board!'. The board, meaning, yea, my parents. I took a bath and get everything straight. At that day I closed all the deals and she said couldn't be proud of herself for shouting and threatening me.

"Are these the reports I asked?"

"Yes."

"Excuse me." My mom butted in. "Bea anak, una na kami ha?"

"Ha? Di kayo mag la-lunch dito?"

"We have a lunch meeting, we cannot move kasi important investor yun, and looks like you have work to do." She nodded on the direction of paper that I was holding. Ced was just looking at me.

"Oh okay." I hugged them and walk them to the door.

"Are you two dating?"

"What?! Mom. NO!!"

"Why not?! You like her noh?"

"NO!"

"She pretty, she's professional, she's gay for crying out loud!"

"How'd you know?"

"I can smell people like her."

"Oh, you mean like me?"

"Yea. Give it a shot."

"No mom."

"Just try!"

"No mom final answer. See you. Byee!" She closed the door. "Sheeeezzz." I sighed to myself.

"Baket?" Ced popped up behind me.

"Shit, kanina ka pa jan?" I startled.

"Hindi naman."

"May narinig ka?"

"Oo."

"H-Ha?! Anong narinig mo?"

"Buntong hininga mo. Ang lalim nga eh."

"Yun lang?"

"Oo. Baket ba? May dapat ba akong marinig?"

"None."

Kuya arrived as my mom told me, a week after tomorrow. We bond for a while but after that, we get back to business. I handed over everything to him and I was officially a member of the board immediately after.

March 2021

I'm looking at the tickets that I just bought. Tickets back to Philippines, for good.

That's right, I will be back in Philippines and will be working remotely with Kuya. Our flight will be 3 days from now.

Oh and I bought 2. Celine's coming with me. She also left company for good. I also asked the board to include her as a minor member, they agreed. Ate Susan and Kuya Ed will be working for Kuya as he will stay at the house.

The remaining months, I spent processing the things that I need when I get back to Philippines. Condo, my cars, my other clothes, and everything that I need.

One day before the flight, I started to pack the remaining of my things.

"Ay shit."

I was lifting one of the drawer of my dresser when I lost my grip and my underwear are all on the floor. I let out a huge sigh and bent over to pick them up.

My undies, my bra, my socks and my towels. When I lifted a blue face towel, there is a little solid thing that rolled over under my bed.

"Urgh."

I bent over and tried to reach it. When I get a hold of it, I froze a little. I totally forgot about this, I was so buried deep in my work. I slowly pulled my hand out of underneath the bed.

In my hand, is the symbol of my friendship with Jho.

'Keychain.'

I'm finally going to see her. In the flesh.

Married.

I wiped the tear that, unconsciously fell on my cheek. I put the keychain on my back pocket and got back to packing my stuff.