Just do it

*Charlie's P.O.V*

My back stings a little. I exhale as Leo does, looking down at me.

His hand of many rings shuts his mouth. I can't blink. His eyes; they are glowing.

An eternity of staring at each other lapses when I hear, "Oh my goodness."

"Yo, the fuck?! Is he dead?"

" Language."

"Guess not," Marvin sighs nervously.

I feel their hands roll me to the edge of the topmost mattress. They help me to my feet, despite their wobble.

"Are you ok?" Roon scans me for injuries while Marvin frowns. "W-was it for ... fun?"

"So it's fun?!"

I don't answer, but Nat considers my tight-lipped smile as confirmation.

"Then, I'm going next!"

"Nat, no," Marv scolds, yet his friend runs into the house. Roon facepalms, going in next and I nod for Marv to follow.

Chill air ruffles my pyjamas. I cuddle myself, staggering inside alone.

Before entering, I hold the door ajar for Marv to hurl another mattress out. As I shut it, Leo appears on the stairs. He breathes heavily, storming down to his bed. He doesn't even spare me a glance. Slowly, I kneel on the only other mattress right beside his.

"You don't have to sleep next to me," He mumbles, his back turned to me. I blink, and he adds, "Please."

I get up and go into the bedroom where we keep our stuff. I push everything to one side of the bed and cry.

In the morning, everywhere feels numb. I lay awake until muffled noises resonate. When I approach the living room, the mattresses are gone. Roon is sleeping on the couch while Marv and Nat ration food adequate for their journey.

I am making them some breakfast when Leo struts by, his wet hair dripping on the towel hung over his neck. He knocks the slumber out of Roon, coercing him to lend a hand. He, however, starts an argument - which resolves once Leo and I kit them out with four-fifth of the snacks, much to Marv's elation.

"Bye, guys!" The concert-goers wave, revving out of the compound. As they disappear, Leo mutters to the air, "We'll take the pictures early, so wear something nice." Then, he heads inside, listless.

My morning routine stops when it comes to picking what to wear. I want to be comfortable in my old clothes, but Sydney paid a lot for the new ones; I can't let that be in vain.

Spoiled for choice, I bite my nail when Leo knocks. I open the door, and he mumbles something about a royal blue. With my permission, he selects wide-legged trousers and a knitted polo shirt.

I wait outside until he needs my help carrying a massive bouquet and lighting equipment. He scans our surroundings before leading me to the pier. He stands on a chair and instructs me to stare at the lake. The fake flowers tickle my chin as I oblige.

"Lift your chin a little." He holds his camera up. I obey. Clicking sounds fills our tense silence. He jumps down and wipes the seat for me. As my arms ache from clutching so many flowers at once, their wrapper tears.

"No, no, no, it's all good!" Leo bends in unison. I still ramble, apologies, picking up the flowers littered around us when his camera snaps again. Our eyes meet. He gulps.

"Urr -"

"Sorry, clumsy me-"

"No! " He snaps, then parts his mouth as though breathing through it. I frown in concern.