What Love?

*Charlie's P.O.V*

"GET OFF MY BOYFRIEND!!!" Autumn screams.

Instantly, Mr. Yeltsin's head drops on Harry, whose eyes bulge.

Autumn quivers, gripping the gun tighter.

I inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale -

"What is happen- CHARLIE!" Leo's voice resonates. Before we know it, he is in the room, too, untying me.

Once freed, I have to hit his shoulder hard before he sees the gun in Autumn's hand. Alarmed, he warns her, "Hey, give me that. You can hurt someone -"

"Harry-"

"Charlie, where are you running to -"

"Harry!" I try to lift Mr. Yeltsin. The man is hefty and slippery from his blood, so Leo quickly comes for his torso. Together, we push him off so Harry can breathe.

Harry gasps. I hug him with everything in me. "Sor-sorry, sorry, sorry, you're fine, you're fine, I'm right here, bestie. It's okay, we are okay."

Leo envelops us, too, and we stay like that for a moment. Just breathing. So many thoughts are running.

When we break apart, Harry tries to glimpse Mr. Yeltsin, but I grab both sides of his face. "Hey, bestie, hey, don't look. Please. Please. Trust me. Don't look."

Then I mouth to Leo, "I-i-is he dead?"

"Urr ... huh," His eyes roam Mr. Yelstin until he spots the gunshot wound.

Seeing Autumn gaping at it, Leo bashes, "Don't just fucking stand there!"

"Why- what do you want me to do?!" she replies.

Mr. Yelstin's neck is splurging blood, and he's gurgling some, and Leo has no idea what to do in this situation besides - "Call a fucking ambulance! Obviously!"

"Huh?"

"CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

"DON'T YELL AT ME, ARSEHOLE!"

"WILL YOU CALL PLEASE?!" I share Leo's frustration with Autumn. "GO! GO!-"

"OK!" She exits. I rip the sheets to blindfold Harry while Leo tells Mr Yeltsin to hold still, pressing the rest of the sheets on his neck. Supporting Leo's hands, the man croaks, "I... I-I...Igor..."

Leo doubles back. I flinch.

He grabs Harry suddenly. I shake my head, but he blasts, "CHARLIE, GET THE FUCK UP!"

My head shakes again, but Leo yanks me by my shirt just as Autumn reappears.

She steps away from our scuffle, only for Harry to slip on her. The blood on him stains her shirt, but before she can react, Leo orders, "Hey, hey, don't let him fall!"

Autumn slings his arm over her shoulder, turns to her dying uncle and then back at Leo, nodding fervently.

*

What is happening to us?

In about a minute, the girl gives Leo her keys, kisses Harry, slips him into the backseat with me and retreats to her uncle's house as if he may not be dead by now.

"Sh-she called an ambulance, though, right?" I croak.

Leo grips the steering wheel.

"Do you think -" I am cut off by Harry's head swaying on my lap. He is still in the blindfold, but I can sense his fright. I hate this. I wish I could erase it all from his memory.