Say I'm weird for chewing paper

*Charlie's P.O.V*

'The hell?!' Leo shuts me in the back.

I flinch, but he doesn't stop cursing until his engine starts. Light pierces the night, and - it's so bright; I see everything. I see my friend's trembling fingers.

He slams the gas pedal. He ducks as the man he called a father rains bullets at us. The tires screech.

I hate that we are going backwards.

"MY BOY, DON'T MAKE ME KILL -"

There's a sickening thud.

My breath hitches.

Leo gapes as his windshield gets smashed.

I focus on his reflection. Liquid seeps from his right eye.

The tires move forward, and somewhere along my blurred lines of vision, I see the mess I've made of his backseat. The stench of milk, vomit and... blood?

His father's blood.

I'm sorr- sorry.

"Charlie?"

I shut my eyes.

"Cha- please -" His voice cracks.

I think he shouldn't call me. No one should call me again. I'm not helping anyone with my presence. I sleep and pray that when I wake up, it will all be a nightmare.

When my eyelids flutter open, my mother, Sydney's voice invades my senses.

"Oh my goodness, what happened?! Did you get into a fender bender - where did you find him?-"

"Are you sure I shouldn't take him to the hospital?"

"No, no, you've done enough. Just help me here -" I feel her pull me up while Leo takes my legs. Within seconds, they're lowering me inside.

"I-I gotta go," Leo rasps. Sydney thanks him again, lifting my head as he vanishes.

Once our front door shutting reverberates, she spills some tea down my throat. I bear its bitterness till every atom of mine sets on fire.

*

*Mia's P.O.V *

After we get off the plane, my aunt makes a phone call despite my ardent pleas for an explanation.

"Joe, what is happening-"

"I need you to calm down, ok?"

"But, who were you referring to -"

"Mia, please!" She shoots me a glare. I wince. Other economy class travellers huddle around us, awaiting their luggage, muttering who knows what, hugging their thick trenchcoats. I grab Joe's arm tightly, but she's too preoccupied to notice.

"...Так там нет мальчика? ...Хороший. Затем избавьтесь от тела киллера. Я займусь остальным. "

{ So there's no boy there? ...Good. Then, dispose of the hitman's body. I'll take care of the rest. }

*

* Charlie's P.O.V *

Sydney is ballistic.

"Where were you, huh?! Do you have any clue how worried I was? I called Harry, who got to your new friend - thank goodness that boy found you, but like...what? Where were you? Why have you done this to yourself? Do you have any idea how I feel seeing you like this?!!!!"

Dead air.

"You -" She scratches her elbow, eyes turning glazed. "You... you took Harry's drugs?"

My gaze darts to the curtains behind her. Quiet settles for minutes before she huffs out of my room.