My Life

~Megan~

Memories assaulted my mind. Things i'd rather forget. Hiding my face in Lunas' soft fur trying to keep the memories away. But they came to me, assaulting my every sense with a sharp jolt I felt like i was there again.

I'm a little girl again, six years old, bruises covering my arms and cheeks. "Go to your room, You Little Bitch!" My mother, a nineteen year old drop-out. "I-I'm s-sorry, M-Mommy." I say, my voice cracking. I run to my room grabbing Luna, still worn and shabby but filled with my love. Tears run down my face when I hear the crashing of pans and wood in the living room. I hear Daddy getting home by the slamming door. "What the hell are you doing to the goddamn house, Bitch!" I hear him yell, his words slurring slightly. "What ever the hell i wanna do to my own fucking house!" I hear Mommy yell back at him. "Your house? Bitch i work for this house and everything we got! You ain't nun but a two timing whore!" I hear the horrible sound of skin on skin and I panic running to my closet to hide under my meager clothes. Clutching Luna to my side I cower hearing more shouts and lound smacks. Tears running down my cheeks I get up walking to the door when the silence continued. Opening the door wary of my surroundings. All the furniture was broken and glass is on the floor. Walking forward quietly, wanting to see the extent of the damage I'd have to clean. Putting Luna in the corner away from the trash, I walk to the hallway closet and grab trash bags and the broom. Picking up the bigger pieces and shoving them in the bag I make my way around the glass on my bare feet. All of a sudden I feel myself bang into the wall knocking the breath out of me by the force of impact, feeling glass cut my skin. "Get this place cleaned up now!" I hear Daddy tell me, sounding far away. I feel a sharp kick to my ribs making me cry out in pain. "Bitch did you hear me!? I nod slightly, still out of breath. I scramble up painfully and slowly, much to slowly for Daddy. He back hands me knocking my head into the wall pulling my long hair. "I said NOW!" He roars in my face making me whimper, frightend. Mommy comes in then carrying a big suitcase bulging with anything valuable she could find. "Lets go, Babe. I packed up the car and our clothes." She says walking up to Daddy, fresh bruises forming on her face. She sneers down at me then walks towards Daddy and pulling him away with her. They leave closing the door with a finality, somehow i knew i'd never see them again.

Jolting back into my seventeen year old self, curled into a ball on my bed , Luna in my arms. I remember many days like that, many beatings from my Mommy and Daddy. I still have scars from the worst of them, I remember many cigarette burns, knife wounds, and hot iron burns. How? How could those boys make me remember all this? Why do they make me feel whole? Even if I barely know them. I want to know them to be with them. BOTH of them. I'm so confused. A girl like me is nothing special. But me this broken ugly scarred girl feels something she's never felt before. I think I may love those boys. NO! I have to stay away from them. I will not let myself be played. They'll just go around the sluts of the school. All boys are liars, cheaters and just big meanie's. I will stay away.