✯ two ✯

"Public enemy number one! Understand?"
T.N.T.- ACDC

Breakfast was louder than ever before as the students of Hogwarts talked about the matchings, mainly about the girl who'd walked out and the strange student-teacher pairing.

"Of course they'd be put together, two bloody murderers who were sorted into the worst house!" A Slytherin huffed haughtily from her seat next to an exhausted blond boy.

"You do know he didn't actually kill anyone, right? Don't give him credit he doesn't deserve." The boy across from her drawled before drinking from his goblet and watching as it refilled itself.

The girl turned a little red, especially as even the sleep-deprived boy managed a chuckle at his friend's correction.

The chatter seem to be at an all time high in each of the houses, except among a certain group of Gryffindors sitting at the end of the table.

They'd all looked wide-eyed at Juno, who maintained a neutral expression that managed to fool everyone but the twins, until she had told them to eat. She herself only grabbed a couple of pre-cut fruits and speared them one by one as she chewed silently.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked Juno hesitantly after seeing no one else was willing to.

Truth be told, Juno had completely zoned out as she watched Nearly Head-less Nick glide by, and forgotten about the matching for a moment as she stared at Hermione in question.

"Oh, right. Yeah, I'm fine. I feel bad for him though, he looks mighty worried to be matched up with the likes of me." She pointed sideways with her fork at the man who'd grown a little pale after hearing his name and never really recovered.

They all looked at him simultaneously and Juno groaned, gaining their attention once more, "Could you guys be more obvious? Don't all look at once, geez."

It was too late, however, because Sirius had glanced at them and found half the group staring at him, including his godson.

Sirius had been deep in thought the entire breakfast, barely touching his plate despite McGonagall's discreet attempts to pile food onto it. He knew as a member of the Order and as Harry's godfather he would never let himself be banished from the wizarding world.

The girl, it seemed, couldn't care less about the situation, though he had to assume that since she hadn't walked out like the other girl she wasn't going to back down either. He'd seen that blank stare at the moment of the matching, even as she had murmured something too quietly for him to hear all the way across the hall.

He knew of her, of course. Harry and his friends had told him all about the 'cool sixth-year' during the previous year, and the trouble-making twins had also told him about their missing third. He'd looked forward to meeting her after hearing such high praise, but as it turned out, they were fated to have a rough start.

Juno observed the group that had gone quiet once more, with the exception of the twins who were already brainstorming more ideas about for future sweets. She glanced at the professor she'd be sharing a room with before speaking up to break the unbearable silence.

"Well, I guess I'm going to be your godmother, Harry. How are you feeling about all this?" Juno joked with a nudge to his side, but there was truth in her words.