✯ nine ✯

"Defend yourself I bring catastrophe."

Mr. Bad Guy- Freddie Mercury

The quidditch pitch was empty when the two Heidyns arrived, the elder enjoying the smell of the freshly cut grass.

"It's been a very long time since I've been on this field." Conall quirked a grin, though his eyes were somewhere else. "My best memories of Hogwarts were made here."

Juno grimaced, toeing a patch of grass beneath her as she shoved her hands in the pockets of her trusty leather jacket.

"I meant the quidditch games, Junebug, not the broom cupboard." He said pointedly when he noticed her disgust. "Though I heard you had your fair share of broom cupboard action in Italy."

"Dad!" She groaned loudly, turning away as a blush burned on her cheeks.

Conall Heidyn only laughed in that rugged way of his that brought many witches to their knees, especially during his stay at Hogwarts. Like father, like daughter after all.

Checking her watch, she glanced back at the castle with a frown before her father spoke up again.

"Go." He said simply, heaving himself up onto the railing in front of the bleachers. "Tell Remus I'll be here."

Juno smiled then at how well her father knew her, and kissed his cheek before rushing back to the side entrance.

She could not in good conscience, not that she had much of one, marry Sirius without at least telling him what she's done. That wouldn't be very rock and roll of her. Deep down she knew she wasn't truly at fault, but he had to know what he was getting into at least. 

Making her way back through the castle in search of her betrothed, Juno heard a crashing sound followed by a cackle further down the corridor. 

Peeves the Poltergeist. 

Soon enough she reached him and stood, arms crossed and an amused grin on her face as she watched him throw all of Professor Snape's potions out into the hallway. Most broke, but one vial felix felicis rolled over and hit the side of her shoe. She shrugged and scooped it up to slip into her robes.

Juno could use some luck on her wedding day.

"Oi, P. Get out here for a minute." She called into the room.

The poltergeist dropped another vial before shooting out to hang upside-down in front of her with his usual air of mischief. 

"What can I do you for, heathen?" He asked with a crooked grin.

"Where's Sirius? And Remus, too, if they're not together." It was less of a question and more like a demand, which Peeves seemed to grasp as he immediately shot into the ceiling.

She only had a minute of kicking over fallen vials in wait before he was back and telling her where the 'wet dogs' were.

"Best get out of here, heathen. Silly Snape is on the way!" He left after that last caveat, but not without causing a bit more destruction in Snape's office.

Now that he mentioned it, she could hear footsteps nearby and slipped into a hidden passage that led right next to the astronomy tower.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Juno stood outside her bedroom door for a moment, trying to decide how she was going to approach the subject before shrugging and nudging the door open with her foot.

Remus looked up from the book he had been flipping through on her bed and shot her a smile that faded when she failed to return one. Before he could question it, however, Sirius's voice interrupted loudly.