✯ three ✯

"Who knows? Not me."
The Man Who Sold The World- David Bowie

The office of the greatest woman alive had an entirely different atmosphere than the rest of Hogwarts, even her classroom. A large, welcoming fire was lit and a biscuit tin was resting on one of the cushions next to it for Juno.

"Hello, Ms. Heidyn." McGonagall greeted the girl kindly, with that hint of a smile she reserved for her (secretly) favorite students.

Juno sighed as she dropped herself onto the cushions in front of the fire, shooting a weak smile at her teacher, "Hey, Minnie."

Minerva fought a smile and stood to join the girl, sitting in the chair across from her. Juno opened the tin greedily, shoving two cat-shaped biscuits in her mouth as her professor watched her analytically.

"Much to talk about today, I take it?" She'd seen the matching of course, all of Hogwarts had.

Minerva wanted Juno to take it at her own pace, however. If she didn't feel up to talking about Sirius in particular, Minerva didn't want to make her uncomfortable by asking. She'd known Juno long enough to trust that she'd always talk about what bothered her if she felt it necessary.

"I thought I'd gotten used to the general stares and whispers as I walked in the halls, to the point where I only hexed maybe two people a month for it. Now, though, it seems as if people have forgotten about their previous judgements of me. A girl came up to me in the hallway and hugged me, actually hugged me!" Juno shuddered dramatically as she reached for another biscuit.

"Outrageous! My roommate doesn't even seem to know about my... situation." She held up her scarred hands in emphasis as she continued.

"I suppose he must've been in Azkaban when I-" She paused, glancing at her hands that were covered in Lichtenberg marks just like the one on Harry's forehead. "I just mean he could just ask you or Dumbledore and get the full story. I don't know why he hasn't."

"Have you asked Harry or the Headmaster about Sirius's past?" Minerva tilted her head knowingly at the girl who's ears went a little red as she ducked her head.

"No." She grumbled reluctantly, leaning back to lay on top of the other cushions and placing the tin on Minerva's side table.

"You are so much more than your past, dear. You are whatever you let yourself be, not what others say you are. So don't worry about Mr. Black's opinions or reactions until you at least get to know him, you'll find he's very different from what you might've heard. We all have our flaws, it's how we react to them that matters more. Perhaps he hasn't asked for the same reason you haven't: you both respect each other's privacy. This is a good thing, Ms. Heidyn. If you're going to go through with this and have to spend so much time with someone, at least it is with someone respectful and kind.

"I advise you not to go into this with expectations and bitter thoughts, it is up to you and Mr. Black to make the most out of this. The two of you could end up becoming good friends, if not more. I had him as a student, you know." The older woman reached for a biscuit herself, leaning back as Juno mulled over her words.

"I mean, he's super hot and seems nice enough. I suppose we could be friends and living with him won't be miserable. Professor Sprout told me about the Unbreakable Vow earlier today, I can't believe the officials didn't give me the details considering I'm the one who has to make it! What else are they hiding about this, Professor?" Juno was much more observant than she looked, and she hadn't missed the way the teachers had been strange around her all day.

"Are you aware of the final steps of the marriage ceremony, Juno?" Minerva asked hesitantly, looking more uncomfortable than Juno had ever seen her.