✯ six ✯

"You're lying so low in the weeds
I bet you're gonna ambush me
You'd have me down, down, down on my knees
Now wouldn't you, Barracuda?"
Barracuda- Heart

"In our defense, we were left unsupervised."

"Doesn't mean you should turn two entire corridors  into swamps!" Hermione looked as if she were either about to pull her hair out or cry, maybe even both.

Juno shrugged a shoulder elegantly, not regretting having fun with the twins at all. Especially after her little scene with the woman who was quickly climbing the ranks of people Juno despised. Unfortunately for them, it was the woman herself that caught them as she waded knee-deep in the second floor swamp, adding an extra hour to their punishments.

It was most definitely amusing to see the creative ways the residents of Hogwarts were dealing with the situation. One group of seventh-years stiffened their robes to make a boat, cheered on by their very proud Charms professor. A very bright first-year boy giggled as he levitated his belongings above him and simultaneously balanced on a wooden chair.

Needless to say many people benefited from the prank; however, Juno had an ulterior motive. She made a bet with the twins before they had charmed the hallways, a stupid one she knew she had no chance of winning.

The twins were quite bright and extremely humble, so they would never accept her money if she just gave it to them randomly. She had tried before and failed, many times.

So Juno thought of a way to trick them into accepting it, so that they wouldn't feel guilty and she would have accomplished her initial goal. Arguing her honestly outrageous point that Minerva would swim in one of the swamps was incredibly difficult, but Juno was already strange enough that the twins eventually caved.

The professor was seen completely dry at dinner when they entered though, so she did end up losing a few galleons. She had made a show of looking outraged that Minerva wouldn't indulge her students in a little fun, even though the professor was privy to Juno's scheme.

"I'm incredibly impressed, very well done you three! Couldn't have done it better myself." Sirius beamed at them, patting the twins on their shoulders before tossing his arm around Juno.

She smirked up at him as Hermione scolded him for his bad influence. He'd gotten a lot more comfortable with touching her that day after Juno suggested they have lunch together in their room.

They had played all kinds of artists, at one point playing a guessing game with not having to go down and get their dessert as the prize for whoever guessed the most songs correctly. They had tied, so they'd resolved to sneak into the kitchens rather then walk to the Great Hall because it was closer.

Sirius had leaned against her playfully as he made a joke after they ate, and that had served as unspoken permission for her to come closer. Perhaps he'd noticed that Juno had tried to keep a respectful distance sometimes and decided that wasn't actually what he wanted, or maybe he was just embracing the situation like she'd told him to. Either way, they'd taken a nap together and stayed in each other's arms for ten minutes after they'd woken up, which was a stark contrast to that morning.

Juno tuned back into the conversation as Ron was complaining about Umbridge, which made her sigh quietly, "That toad can suck my ass, I miss Remus."

The others hadn't heard her, but Sirius who was very close to her did, "I'm sorry, what?! My Remus? Remus Lupin?"