✯ eight ✯

"Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away!
Psycho Killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?"
Psycho Killer- The Talking Heads

An hour later, Harry was slumped over in his seat and Sirius had volunteered to take him back to his dorm to make sure he didn't get into trouble. No one missed the obvious excitement on his face when he noticed the Marauders Map peeking out of Harry's pocket.

"J, you're getting married tomorrow." Remus muttered to the girl beside him after a moment of silence.

They had decided to leave a note for Sirius telling him to bring a bottle to the top of the tower, before going up there themselves. While she had wanted to sit on the wall and dangle her legs precariously, her former professor pulled her down to sit next to him instead.

There always seemed to be freshly washed blankets and pillows at the top of the tower, seemingly placed for midnight star-gazers like them. What with the winds up there when they neared the winter, they certainly needed it but they provided a soft ground on warm nights like this one.

Juno leaned her head against his shoulder with a sigh, and felt Remus lean his head against hers too as they both thought about what that meant.

"Do you think I shouldn't?" She asked casually, but the quiver in her voice betrayed her.

"I think you're smart enough to make good decisions for your future. I do know that this won't be easy; however, you won't be alone." He gave her hand a squeeze and smiled when she did it back. "Neither of you will."

Remus could tell she was nervous from the way she had peeled her nail polish off and scratched at the skin around her fingers to the point where she drew blood. It was a terrible habit that she had since he was her teacher, and probably long before that, too.

Her father had asked him to check on her since he would only be arriving the next morning, and it seemed he had good reason to.

"You know, if you keep bottling up your emotions you'll eventually break down." He said not unkindly, his voice soft.

"How unfortunate." Juno drawled sarcastically, and couldn't help giggling at the exasperation on Remus's face.

She sighed then as she realized she wouldn't get away with keeping her feelings locked up for long, shifting to put her head on his lap. A hand came up to tug a strand of hair, and she smacked his hand away.

A thought struck her when he continued to try and annoy her into spilling her guts.

"I wish you were my brother." She said suddenly and received chuckle. "Officially, I mean. You're already in the family to me and Dad."

She hadn't really thought about it, but Remus really was her unofficial brother. He was never absent in her letters to and from her father, Conall seemed pretty fond of him too.

Juno had been the one to tell her father about Remus and his situation, and how he couldn't hold a job because of it.

In the Cursebreaking field of work, there was no room for prejudice and discrimination because you were either too busy training and studying for the job or you were only assigned to one or two other people for help. No matter who you worked with, you needed to trust each other to go into often dangerous scenarios.

Her father, being a renowned Curse-breaker from a family of famous Curse-breakers, was given the option to work alone and took it. It was lonely and difficult, but Conall had never met anyone who worked well with him enough to stick with so he preferred it this way.

After introducing the two, a few dinners and adventures she was fortunate enough to join him on and invite Remus later, and Conall was offering an apprenticeship of sorts. This was something he had been intending for Juno, up until the point she had decided she wanted to be an Herbologist rather than a Curse-breaker like all the other Heidyns before her.