Chapter 15

A/N: Thank you for all the reads. I didn't think my writing was very good. To everyone who has been reading the story, sorry for not posting sooner, I will shut up now so you can read.

BZZZ, BZZZZ. Dick's phone started to vibrate but he didn't answer. It was probably one of the titans trying to call him again. He didn't want to answer. It has been five weeks since the death of Emily Grayson. Nothing felt the same. And to Dick Grayson, nothing would ever be the same. Night was falling, and at some point he would have to go out on patrol. No one had seen Bruce in days. Everyone knew that Bruce had locked himself up in the batcave. Just like with Jason and Rachel, Batman would be missing for awhile until he recovered. Dick sat on his bed, his eyes remaining glued to the same photo he had been staring at for hours. The picture of him and his sister at the party he and the titans threw for her when Emily beat cancer. Dick was standing behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist. Dick was spinning her around as she was laughing in joy. Both of the twins wore ridiculous, silly grins on their faces. Dick got up off his bed and was going to grab his suit when something stopped him. "AAAAAHHHHHH!" someone screamed. "It couldn't be." Dick thought.

    Emma was down in the gym, training with her sword. Her wound from the battle with the court had healed a little and she was now allowed to train. Emma was angry. She was angry at herself, the court, the talons. The only person Emma couldn't be mad at was Emily. "Stupid Grayson." She said as she swung her sword down. Emma was trying her hardest to be mad at Emily but for some reason she couldn't. Why couldn't she though? Grayson was just another hero that was suppose to take Emma's place as the heir to the cowl. Emma remembered when she had just started as Jay, her father wasn't the Batman. Dick and Emily Grayson had taken up the role as Batman and Batwoman. Graysons was nothing like Bruce. But, just like Bruce, Emma found Emily many times staying up late at night. Sometimes she would be working on a case, while other times she would be working on some things for Wayne Enterprises. For a girl raised in the circus, Emily did understand how a business worked. Emma threw her sword at the wall in frustration. "Stupid Grayson." She said again. But this time she had some tears in her eyes. "AAAAAHHHHHH!" someone screamed. Without a second thought, Emma ran out of the gym, towards the scream with one thing now on her mind. "Who was that?" Emma questioned.

    Bruce was typing away at the batcomputer. He had received many messages from the league about his absence. As a founding member, he was reminded, it's his duty to show up at the meetings and help the league on missions. Batman had always kept secrets from the league, and this was just another secret he had to keep. Besides, the Justice league would tell him that what he has been doing is wrong. He shouldn't tamper with nature. It would be just like what happened when Damian and Emma died, and he tried to bring them back. Damian and Emma were his blood. She wasn't his blood. But she was still his daughter. And, he didn't know what else he could do. In five weeks, Bruce had ran hundreds of tests but nothing seemed to work. There was no lazarus pit, or apocalypse crystal, or future selves to help. Bruce closed the messages and doing so revealed a file he almost forgotten about. Emphasis on almost. The file belonged to Emily. The file contained all of her information such as skills, alliances, names and status. Her status still read alive. He had lost so many people so many times. He had to write dead too many times. He couldn't do it again. Bruce looked up at the file to see the picture of Emily they used for her file. She wore a smirk on her face with her right hand on her hip, and leaning more to her right. You never would have been able to tell that this girl was meant to be a killer. She was a light in the darkness. Out of nowhere, a scream rang throughout the cave. Without a second thought, Bruce ran towards the medbay.