six

Lowkey

---

{{ Written by Stephanie N }}

---

《《 All Rights Reserved 》》

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Six | Custody

"Seomin." I felt myself being shaken awake. I opened my eyes to see Mark laying in front of me.

"If you want to talk about the court thing, we need to talk about it before Taehyun wakes up." He said, meaning that it was early right now.

I rubbed my eyes before grabbing the pillow separating us and hugging it. The coldness felt good against my warm body.

"I don't get why he wants to see Taehyun. He missed every single thing of Taehyun being a baby. Taehyun doesn't know who that guy is." I said.

"I'm scared he wants custody of Taehyun and he'll blame me for apparently not letting him see his child." I said.

"I gave him the chance and he signed his rights away. He's not even listed on Taehyun's birth certificate. It's blank." I said.

"It should be fine since you have the signed document. It proves to you that he wanted nothing to do with Taehyun." Mark said.

"You can leave the birth certificate blank where it says who the dad is?" Mark asked surprised.

I nodded. "You can. Obviously I am the mother so my name was on there, but since no one else was there, I left the dad name as blank." I said. "They let you."

"It was so phony that he brought flowers here as if it would fixed anything." I said as he pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear that had fallen onto my face.

He laughed. "Yeah, you chucked it at his head." Mark said. "It'll be okay."

"What if the court wants us to share custody despite the signed papers? Saying that he was young and didn't know better." I asked.

Mark stayed silent as he listened.

"Like he gets weekends or summers with Taehyun? I don't want Taehyun going back and forth all the time. I don't want Yun Jae to be there when he wasn't there for the first part and hardest part of Taehyun's life." I said.

"It's not fair, Mark." I said.

Mark nodded. "I understand. Maybe the court won't but there's always a possibility that will happen. Will you get a lawyer if that does happen?"

"I'll have to. I mean, I have money somewhat saved up, but lawyers are expensive. The money I was saving was for a house so Taehyun and I could live without depending on others." I said disappointedly, but it had to be done.

"Don't worry about the lawyer cost. I can ask the guys to help out. I'm sure they will if the cost is split amongst the members." Mark said.

I turned slightly to get the court papers before reading it. "Wait." I said. "It says he has a lawyer and is seeking full custody of Taehyun. It doesn't even have Taehyun's name on the document. It just says 'of the child'."