About This Story & More

Hi! Author, here. I just wanted to thank you for reading this story. If you haven't read my other stories, check it out! One is more realistically about idol life and one is a werewolf au.

This story touches on the subject of Mark's religion and how it's a fight between the way he was raised (following the Christian faith) versus straying from tradition and going into a relationship where it is completely the opposite of what he was looking for.

Of course, only Mark in real life knows what his views are exactly in the Christian faith so none of this is truly accurate. It is just one of the many view fans portray him through his faith.

It's a fight within Mark to choose a path of which his religion creates or a path where he goes with his soulmate who happens to have a child of her own.

Mark, in this story, has to fight his prejudice views and open his heart to being Taehyun's father.

I also wanted to capture the struggles of a single mom which is touched on near the beginning of the storyline. Seomin has struggled find good paying jobs and does not think she will find another man because she has a kid. Single mothers, especially in South Korea, are not very supported.

Seomin has excellent mother behavior. She often shows her motherhood by letting him do things first or letting him enjoy things solely for himself, such as giving him water first before she drinks or letting him eat the only icecream left in the house.

Taehyun heavily relies on Seomin since she's all he's known since the beginning of life. He frequently purposely calls Seomin out more often, even when Mark has become his official dad. He just loves Seomin so much and is protective of her in little ways.

As the story progresses, you see Taehyun's speech change and the way he integrates more extensive vocabulary and better sentence structure. I tried hard to reflect his age throughout the story.

Lastly, the topic of Mark's family. Now, this is a fictional story so who knows what Mark's family's beliefs on this step dad/ step son would be. Don't take it too seriously. The story ends on an open conclusion. You could believe his family warms up to Seomin and her children or you could believe they don't contact Mark at all besides his brother.

Alas, I am a nursing student starting autumn of 2020. I did plan to make another book either for Jaehyun or Mark, but that seems to be halted at the moment. I will try my best to write whenever I can but there is no telling what will happen. Thank you for all the love and support you have given.

Thank you,

Stephanie.