Chapter 7

My ride nodded its fearsome head and allowed me to climb upon its back. We flew up to the portal and I leapt through with no hesitation.

"Chris! You can't stay here for any longer, or you'll die!" I yelled.

I found Chris and the boy still talking in the same spot I left them. This time, I wouldn't leave Chris here. And the curse boy, I guess.

"Chris, we have to leave. NOW." I said, tugging his robes in the direction of the exit portal.

"(Y/N), I'm in the middle of something right now," Chris said impatiently.

"If you stay here, you'll die," I reasoned.

The concerned tone in my voice must have got to him, because for a moment he frowned. But then he went back to angry.

I turned to the Dark Curse boy.

"Listen, you're Chris' brother, right? If he stays here for any longer, he'll die. Please, let me help him!!" I pleaded.

I guess since the Dark Curse boy hadn't been in the Otherworld that long, he agreed. But Chris stood his ground.

"I'm not leaving, and you can't make me."

"We'll see about that."

I had never tried this spell before. In fact, I had only seen it when Chris captured the Dark Curse. But I knew I could do it.

"Bubble?" I thought.

A light purple bubble appeared around Chris, completely surrounding him with my magic. I grinned at the thought of Chris' furious yells that I couldn't hear.

"C'mon, curse boy, let's get out of here."

"Don't call me curse boy," he sighed, "My name is Ethan."

"Okay, Ethan!"

My purple bubble of energy floated behind me, carrying a very angry Chris. I started to feel bad as we neared the portal. Was Chris really mad at me? But he wasn't thinking clearly at the moment.

As soon as we flew down the portal, I popped the bubble holding Chris. My friend hit the floor, and just laid there.

"Chris? Are you okay?" I said, kneeling by his side.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he managed, "(Y/N)... I'm so sorry. None of the things I said about you were true. I just–"

"I know. You weren't yourself. There's no need to apologize, I knew you would never say those things about me!" I comforted, stroking his hair gently.

He sighed contentedly, and we stayed there until Ethan coughed loudly.

"Sorry to break up this... umm...? But what are we gonna do now?" he asked.

I looked to Chris and Chris looked at me.

"Well... I'd like to travel with you, Chris, and help everyone we come across. You can teach me all the magic you know!" I said.

"You really wanna travel with me?" Chris said.

"Well, yeah! It's better than traveling by myself, like I was before you found me."

Chris gave me a big smile, and turned to Ethan.

"Would you like to come with us, Ethan? We could teach you some magic, and you could make up for all the harm you've done."

"Yeah, sure!"

So the team of three set out into the world of Miitopia, eager to make their mark and help as many people as they could.