Chapter 9: Secrets

Clover POV

Melia and I stepped through the portal just as it closed up. It looked about 8am in the morning and the sky was dark and grey. The portal was right about several metres away from the fountain. I saw Yu Yan helping Celine up and Yu and Lee having the Lenny on their faces. I suspected that our ship was most probably sailing but had to ask them. Carrie just appeared around the corner of the wall and saw both of us, more specifically Melia. She gasped and Melia smiled opening her arms to accept a hug. Carrie ran over and hugged her mumbling things about her worry to her. I smiled and suddenly felt myself being pulled into a hug too. I soon realised it was Lee hugging me. Carrie and Lee then let go of the respective people they were hugging. Then Carrie slapped both of our faces. "What were you all thinking?! Taking that shot?! Boy am I mad!! You know-" Then she started rambling about how worried Celine and every one were and how everyone was looking for us blah blah blah. But I wasn't bothered about all of that. I felt like I had learned some knowledge from the experience. Not just about the multiverse, but about my feelings.

3rd Person POV

Celine smiled and walked over to her friends. She was so happy that everyone was back! Melia, Clover, mostly Melia. She smiled thinking about her friends. Then the bell rang and they got to their classes. She sat down at her desk and started daydreaming. Her thoughts drifted to Yu Yan. She felt her face and heart warm when thinking of him. She quickly snapped out of her daydream and started paying attention to class.

Clover, sitting behind Celine, looked out of the window, wondering about his experience. He actually found that he was developing a-. The window crashed and a familiar huge sword went through the window along with a skeleton with really complex clothes. He plucked his knife off the wall just as a goopy octopus guy jumped through the window. Just nice, the teacher was at the toilet.

Just great, Melia thought sarcastically, the god of negativity and cross sans... Nightmare shouted across the classroom, "Listen here you lil shits! I'm just here for 4 guys and if you dare oppose let's say you'll be a goner" he smirked and grabbed Lee, Yu, Yu Yan and Clover. "You're kidding me! I was just kidnaped and now this?!" Clover groaned in anger. Melia, stupid as she was, caught them off guard and pushing Nightmare out of the window. A splat could be heard and an annoyed shout came from the bottom, "Cross get the little dipshit!" Cross sighed and slashed Melia on the same area of injury on her chest.

Unfortunately, Melia pushing Nightmare out of the window did not let him let go of the four boys. They snapped their fingers and a light surrounded the classroom, wiping almost everyone's memory about the situation. Nightmare sneered at Melia before using a tentacle to push her out of the window. Nightmare and Cross then walked through a portal, Nightmare not bothering to look back. Cross turned back to look at the bleeding Melia with a look of sorrow on his face before entering the quickly closing portal.

Celine got up from her desk dizzily then suddenly, memories of the situation flooded her mind. She fell back onto the floor just as the assembly bell rang to call the day off early. Every student rushed out of the classroom, leaving behind Celine. Celine looked out of the broken window to see someone lying on the cracked stone pavement in pool of blood. Worried, she rushed downstairs. When she got down she saw Carrie kneeling beside the girl sobbing. Rushing closer, she saw that it was Melia. She had a big slash across her chest and her breathing was ragged. Celine gasped at the sight of her one of her best friends in a state like this and quickly ran off to find the school nurse.

It seemed that the Teachers were nowhere to be found but she didn't notice. She ran off to the nurse's office to find the nurse on the ground coughing up blood. Her neck had bite like holes that were bleeding blue liquid. The nurse coughed up more blood before lying on the floor in a pool of blood, dead. Celine was shocked, frozen to the ground at the sight of the dead woman. She quickly snapped out of it and grabbed bandages, cleaning alcohol and five boxes of tissues.

She hurried back to her two friends to see Melia awake and with her head in her hands. Celine quickly knelt down beside her and cleaned the blood from her wounds. She then cleaned her wounds with alcohol. Melia howled in pain but she knew it was her friend helping her. Carrie patted Melia who lay on the ground, as if comforting her. Celine quickly wrapped bandages over her wounds tightly before giving Melia have water and snacks from her backpack to regain her energy.

Melia got up with Celine and Carrie supporting her. They walked into the halls to see no teachers anywhere. They got to their classroom to get their things. They were shocked at the sight of their teacher in a pool of blood on the floor. She seemed dead, as if dead due to blood loss, or something else... "I saw the nurse the same way too!" Celine said, letting Melia sit onto a chair. "Something's happening, and I think it's affecting only the adults. It seems to be something like a disease that only affects them." Celine added, her hand on her chin, deep in thought. "Well, what are we supposed to do without them? Do we have to survive on our own?" Carrie asked, hands on her hips. Melia sighed and emptied her backpack from her school books, leaving only her writing stuff, notebook, food and drink. "For one thing," Melia said, heaving her backpack over her shoulder, "yes, we have to survive on our own. Two, we can't stay as just a trio. It won't work out. We need more people, like a group." Melia, energy regained, got up and said, "We better go get all our stuff now, we'll need everything we want and need." The trio got to their dorms and packed all their stuff. Clothes, food, drink, etc. They got downstairs and decided to make an announcement over the system to inform everyone about their 'group'.

Everyone! You may have realised that a disease is sweeping over our country. The adults are gone and we, your 6B Melia, Carrie and Celine, decided that we form together as one to be stronger! Please assemble at the Basketball court if you want to be part of the group! bzzzzz-

The trio then quickly made their way to the Basketball court to find every single student filing into the court. They got to the stage area and announced more information of what they would do. Everyone was there from primary ones to primary sixes. "We must stick together! No matter what and we will survive! Who's with us?" Carrie cheered through the microphone pumping her fist into the air. A loud cheer could be heard from across the court and the trio announced they would need to hold a voting to choose the co-leaders of the group. Everyone decided that the trio who started the group would lead them, for they were the ones who brought them all together in the first place. Everyone raided the school for supplies and decided to set up camp in the nearby forest. While everyone set up camp, the trio sat at the cliff of the forest, staring into the sunset.

"What about the boys?" Celine asked, remembering their ex-roommates that were kidnaped by the mysterious skeletons. Melia, who had already changed her clothes to something more comfortable, shrugged and said, "I don't know. But I have a feeling that they're in good hands... We just have to hope that we'll survive and they will too. Until we meet again."

***

***

TBC