Chapter 18: A day by the beach

Just a day off chapter to enjoy and for the ships to bloom! -cough- poth -cough- freshpaper. Also PJ's 14 in this au :3

3rd person POV

A few months had gone by since the meeting with the teens. Rumour had it that Melia had fallen out with her brother. Everyone did not believe it and the rumour soon disappeared.

"Hey guys! Since the winter's over, why don't we go to the beach?" Sans asked, laying on the couch of their room. "Hey that's a good idea!" Ink said, looking up from his sketchbook. "Beach?" Blue said, peeking his head into the room. "We should invite everyone! I think the humans are busy today though...They seem to have a lot of work to do! More than us even!" Dream said, tapping his finger on his chin. "It's settled then, we're going!" Nightmare said, getting up. "What you guys wanna do at the beach though?"

"SANDCASTLES!!" "SWIMMING!!" "VOLLEYBALL!!" Shino, Palette and Bluescreen screamed at the same time. Geno sighed while Reaper told them the ones who wanted to swim to change. Palette, PJ and Raven ran off to the bathroom to change while Shino started making sandcastles. Bluescreen got out a Volleyball and invited Sprinkles and Desire to join him. Goth and Gradient sat aside, chatting.

Meanwhile, Cross and Dust went off to get ice cream for everyone. The star sanses went to change as well. Error and Nightmare sat cross-legged on a picnic mat, Error munching on some chocolate. X!Chara had already jumped headfirst into the crystal clear waters, not bothering to change his clothes, which were luckily just a T-shirt and some shorts.

The children emerged from the changing room, Raven dragging Blueprint back inside the changing room. "Hey Gothy, what you planning on doing?" Palette asked, placing his hand on Goth's shoulder. Goth shrugged, saying, "Maybe a little Volleyball..." "Why don't you come Swimming!" Palette smiled. Goth shrunk into his shirt, knowing he couldn't swim but agreed. Palette smiled and Goth then went to change. When Goth came out, Palette noticed that Goth was quite afraid to get into the water. "What's wrong?" He asked the nervous boi. "I-I can't swim, Palette..." Goth answered, rubbing his right arm. Palette gave him a small smile saying, "I can teach you! If you're afraid, just think of what you like!" Goth nodded and closed his eyes, thinking of his family and his crush. He then entered the water with Palette, eyes still closed. Palette led him into the cold and clear water slowly, then taught him how to paddle. After a while, Goth could swim on his own. "Palette! Look! I can swim!" Goth exclaimed getting out of the water. "Great job!-" Palette said, was then cut off by Goth hugging him. Palette blushed a little, then hugged back. "Thanks, Palette." Goth said into Palette's shirt. "Anything for my best friend." Palette smiled, hugging Goth back. "Yeah...best friend..." Goth said, smiling a sad smile.

Meanwhile, Cross and Dust returned with the ice creams and handed them to everyone. Shino had finished making her ultimate sandcastle that was almost as tall as her, Raven congratulating her for her feat, Blueprint smiling at her and patting her head. "Hey we can live in it, me the king you my queen, Printy~" Raven teased, lightly nudging Blueprint. Blueprint rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. Shino looked at both of them, and raised an eyebrow saying, "I ship it." Blueprint was flustered and stammered, "S-Shino?!"

Cross and Dust walked past the trio of kids after handing them their ice creams. They then went to hand the duo their ice creams and returned to Error and Nightmare. "Hey where the star sanses?" Cross asked, licking his chocolate ice cream cone. Nightmare shrugged and Killer walked over. "Heya! Oh the star sanses? They're swimming, lOoK, hERe tHeY cOMe!!1" Killer said, his speech becoming 'derp' halfway. Error turned to look at the ocean, nearly dropping his ice cream. "uH, g-GuYs, yOu mIGht wAnNA sEe tHIs." Error stuttered, his face covered in a bright yellow blush. "Wydm-" Dust asked, turning his head and was cut off by the three sanses. "Oh frick they're hot." Cross said, nearly dropping his cone. Error crashed.