Chapter 16: Raids and Siblings

3rd person POV

It was around 9pm at night when Carrie dragged the guys out of their beds. "We're going on a raid, so get your masks and something to put stuff in," she said as she walked downstairs. They got their masks and a backpack and got downstairs groggily. Melia was sharpening her knife as Celine laid out a map onto the kitchen table. "So, the usual?" Celine asked, looking at Melia. "We'll try Bukit Merah Primary tonight," she said, not looking up from her knife. "Wait Bukit Merah? Isn't that another school?" Clover asked, confused why they were raiding another school group. "We survive by raiding dum dum, we are planning on trying a farming project, like Bukit Merah, too, food doesn't last forever." Carrie replied. "That's why were going there, to raid their seeds and canned food," Melia smirked, keeping her knife in my pocket. "What are you kiddos doing up so late?" Sans asked, who was getting a bottle of ketchup from the fridge. "I could ask the same for you, Sans. We're going on a raid, wanna come along?" Celine asked, smiling under mask. Sans shrugged and sipped on his ketchup while saying, "Sure why not? Not like anyone else will come too."

After packing and discussing the details of the plan Sans teleported them to the forest near the school so they didn't have to walk. "Wait..." Sans said, squinting at the school, "I see another bunch of kids there...they seem to be older than you guys." Melia groaned and mumbled, "Secondary schools! They keep coming around this time to get the stuff! Ugh... Alan's gonna need to hear about this..." "Alan?" Clover asked, tilting his head. "Explain later, we'll raid first," Melia said, about to go off when Carrie snapped, "Oh we are not going down there! There're sec kids there!"

"We're going!"

"We're not going!"

"We're going!"

"We're not going!"

"Why don't we just do a distraction?" Celine cut off, trying to calm the two down. "Hey that's a good idea!" Melia smirked, "Why don't we do the ol' Italian dance?" CRASH! A clap of thunder rang out. It started snowing lightly. "Oh yeah. Why don't you do it with Yu Yan, Celine?" Melia asked, patting the smaller one's head. Celine had a visible blush on her face but didn't disagree. Sans chuckled at the sight of the kids and snapped his fingers and the two appeared onto the school grounds out in the open. Melia ran down and placed a radio player hidden in the grass. It started playing as they both got into position. The older kids turned to see both of them. Lee used a flashlight to make a somewhat spotlight. Carrie gave both of them a thumbs up.

Celine POV

I gulped. What if the plan didn't work? What if our friends got found out? Yu Yan smiled at me, saying, "Don't be nervous, just imagine it's just me and you." I breathed in and imagined only the spotlight, music and my crush. At first, I could still feel eyes looking at us but after we started dancing, they went away. I closed my eyes and smiled, going along with the melody. His fingers interlocked with mine and he smiled at me. We danced and spun around, going along with the sweet melody. One point his face went near mine and I felt my face blush. To finish, he lifted me up by my waist and turned me in circle. I snapped back into reality to find all the older kids on the floor, unconscious, except for one who was standing a distance away from Melia, not losing eye contact with her. OH SNAP

Melia POV

As Celine and Yu Yan danced, we knocked out the mesmerised kids, who fell to the floor. At the corner of my eye, I saw another boy, naruto running towards me?! I knew he was coming for me and I whipped around and grasped his arm. His had a mask covering his whole face, sunglasses covering the eye area. It cleared for a while and I saw a pair of familiar brown innocent eyes. A picture flashed through my mind and I let go of him. He flinched and jumped backwards, still remaining eye contact with me. I kept staring at him, analysing his figure. He seemed so familiar yet so distant. It couldn't be, could it? It can't be... "Melia...?" He asked, taking off his mask as he tilted his head ever so slightly, revealing his face. I removed my mask and replied, "哥?(brother)" I ran forward and hugged him and quickly let go. He flinched and quickly remained his composure. "Should we talk? My base or yours?" He asked, snapping his fingerless gloves back into place. "Right after we raid this excuse of a base, we go to your place." I explained and ran off (naruto style >;3) to collect the seeds and food quietly. I came back to find the older kids waking up and trying to Attack my mates. Seeing Sans, they went into a daze and one fainted again. Sans chuckled and sipped his ketchup saying that he had to get back home. My brother, Boffis, signalled for his friends to come over while my friends walked over and asked me 'what the heck just happened'. I explained to them that was my brother and everyone seemed overjoyed except Carrie, who knew about my brother. "Hello there, I am Melia's brother, Boffis. These are my friends, Darius, Ivan and Aaron." Brother said, his arms crossed. "Well, these are my friends, Carrie and Celine, those four guys over there are Lee, Clover, Yu and Yu Yan, who can also be called Raiden." Yu Yan looks at me with a 'how did you know tell me your ways' look but I kept silent. "Well, we should get back home, we have a council meeting tomorrow, Alan doesn't like latecomers." Carrie cut in, uncomfortable with the older kids around us. "Till we meet again...sister." Boffis said and walked off with his friends. I sighed, not expecting what happened today. While walking back home, I couldn't help but think about what had happened between me and brother before all this. I just hope he's changed.

***

What do you think happened between the both of them? ;3
Adios!