Chapter 4: Moving in!

(No one would read this ;w;)

Yu Yan POV
Welp. Just a few days ago I had a weird dream about skeletons and paint...No matter! Today we'll be moving into our dorms due to the danger level outside. Apparently some attackers are still poised to Attack us. The constant attacks have worried the government so they decided every child would stay in their school for the meantime.

Grabbing my bags, I headed off to the canteen with Yu, my best friend, to know our dorm numbers. Yu, cheerful as usual, kept wondering aloud about who we would be with in the dorm. I was kinda worried since we had to share rooms with a bunch of girls too. When we arrived at the canteen we made our way to our canteen table, where there was already a bunch of my friends. At the table was also some girls, most of them talking amongst themselves. The usual sound of unholy screeching from Clover could be heard. And as always, Melia was the only one that could stop it. She slapped his face and he immediately shut up. The teacher then started to call for the students with the same dorm rooms. "Level 4, room 2, Yu, Yu Yan, Clover, Lee..." she said and Yu's eyes almost looked like bright yellow stars when he looked at me. "And Celine, Carrie, Amelia!" She finished with Carrie spraying out her cocoa and Melia playing sad violin music. Clover raised a flirty eyebrow at Melia and she rolled her eyes. The next few days were going to be very long...

Carrie POV
My best friends and I went to collect our key cards to the dorm after hearing the dorm room arrangements. Boy was I mad. I had to spend time with that stupid moron of a boy, the shyest boy in class, the most cheerful boy in the whole level and the smartest one. What could be worse?! Thankfully I had Celine to comfort me and Megan to cheer me up. If not I wouldn't have stayed sane.

We grabbed our backpacks and made our way to our dorms with our keycards, not bothering to wait for the boys. We had arrived earlier than the boys so we chose our rooms first. There were 7 rooms, 1 kitchen, 1 living room, 2 study rooms and 3 bathrooms. We each chose our rooms and started to unpack. Just as we finished unpacking, the boys finally arrived. Clover was complaining about the stairs while his friends tried to shut him up. The boys then chose their rooms and unpacked as we washed up. Soon, it was time for dinner. The teachers claimed that they would not be able to make so much food for us so they told us to make our own dinner. Luckily, Celine and Yu Yan knew how to cook so we didn't starve. After dinner, we then relaxed and at 9pm, we went to bed.

So everyday, we would wake up, eat breakfast, go for class, have lunch, do whatever we want then report back to our dorms for dinner then lights out. As for weekends, we did whatever we wanted but the curfew was 10:30pm. This continued on for about 2 weeks until one night...

One Friday night...

I woke up. It was midnight but I had to go to the toilet. I crept along the hallway, not wanting to wake up anyone. When I walked past Melia's room, I realised it was open. I peeked inside, expecting to see a sleeping Melia, but no one was there. Curious, I stepped inside her room and found a piece of paper saying,
Hello, I've went out for a walk. If you want to find me, I'll be at the fountain! Your buddy, Melia.
I decided to go look for her since it was quite late...and I also wanted to talk to her...  So, I wore my slippers and made my way to the fountain. I saw her there, her head lowered, her ponytail frizzed. She didn't sense me sitting down beside her or even try to talk to her. After a while, she asked me, "C...Carrie...You wanted to know about the thing that was bugging me right?" I replied with a yes, immediately interested with the topic. She started to say shakily, "You know...the...there's this thing called the fourth wall...and well...you probably don't understand so let me put this in simple terms for you. There are people reading. We are part of a story." The reality of it hit me hard, I didn't know people were reading this! But then what was bugging her? I asked. She sighed and said with tears rolling down her cheeks, "You see, I've been getting some info that our story is not being read... but the thing is... if our story isn't going to be read by anyone, the author might just give up on us and delete the story. But characters that know about the people who read the stories, they stay behind, trapped in an endless white abyss forever... That's why I've been trying to keep the truth from all of you. So you all wouldn't suffer in insanity..." She chuckled, forcing a smile on her face. "Melia- " I said but an explosion cut me off! It came from the other side of the school but a fluffy mushroom cloud of ash could still be seen. Then the alarms started to sound and everyone was to be evacuated. Students and teacher were rushing everywhere and we both looked at each other, knowing what to do.