18

Edan's P.O.V.

Ethan and I are both in the car driving to our father's house. He called us yesterday saying that he wants to meet. I'm sure he found out that our enemies followed us all the way here. However, what he doesn't know is that we once dated one of them, Jasmine and that she paid us a small visit some nights ago. God knows what will happen if he finds out.

"Edan relax, everything is gonna be fine," Ethan said focussing on the road. Whenever we would go to meet father, he would always give me the chills. He's always emotionless and doesn't tolerate anything.

"Yeah, that explains why you have a gun on you." I scoffed. He side glanced at me and said that he just have it in case.

We parked and the garage of his mansion. I never understood why he needed this huge house for just himself. Ethan and I prefer a simple two leveled house. Having a mansion means more cleaning to do and I don't have time for that.

Ethan pulled out his key to the house. We were directly met with one of father's bodyguards. Probably there to make sure we don't do anything suspicious. Did I mention that father doesn't have any trust in anyone? Whether you're family or a close friend, he won't trust you.

After an uncomfortable ride in the elevator, the bodyguard finally led us to father's office. He knocked and announced our presence. Our entry was granted and the bodyguard left after closing the door.

"Sit down." His voice held authority, the kind that made me shiver but Ethan was all calm beside me. Sometimes I just don't understand him. We sat on the two chairs facing his desk. Father was doing some paperwork and didn't even look up at us once. Few minutes passed and he finally finished, that's when he looked up and his gaze never made me so scared for my life until now.

"I believe that you know our enemies are here and planing on attacking us." He rose a brow and we both nodded without saying a word.

"We'll have to be prepared, train as many people as you can because we're not going anywhere without a fight this time."

"Understood," Ethan mumbled. It's quite obvious that he doesn't want to be here as much as I don't want to.

"Now both of you, stand up." Confused, we obeyed and stood. He then motioned us to have our back against the wall. Are we getting some kind of punishment as if we were still kids?

"I'm sure your visit from Jasmine brought you quite a surprise didn't it." My eyes widened in shock. Why was I surprised he already knew. Ethan's expression was the opposite, it hasn't changed. It was still neutral as if he saw this coming.

"Very surprising," Ethan said blankly. Father sent a very mischievous grin towards us in response. He opened his right-side drawer and pulled out a... gun? Is he going to shoot us?

"Perhaps you forgot the punishment in which members receive when they've betrayed the gang."

"We haven't betrayed we just had a relationship with somebody." Father only hummed in response and got up from his chair. Making his way towards us with his gun in his left hand. His eyes held a look of threat and dominance making sure we don't forget who is the boss here.

"That's exactly what you're mother did and look at what happened to her." What? It was him? Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I could see Ethan raging inside of him and also trying to calm himself.

"W-what the fuck does that mean?" I choked out. Father grinned as if this scene was amusing.

"Long story short, your mother had an affair with the enemy's boss, Francesco. They were completely and madly in love with each other but your mother was too scared to divorce me and it was understandable since she knows how I am. One day, I found them in a club caught up in their own worlds. I was raging inside from the betrayal and your mother needed to leave. So, I killed her."

Just to be clear, Jasmine appeared at the end of chapter 14

One last chapter going public today

- Queenishh