20

In chapter 19 when Jasmine said in the third last line of the chapter, "Hello, I'm Jasmine and this is my sister." Instead of saying sister, I meant to say, friend. Sorry!

Edan's P.O.V.

When Ethan finally parked the car in front of Amelia's house. Music was vibrating the building and people were everywhere. Without wasting any time, we jumped out of the car and hurried towards the house. Without any patience left in ourselves, we tossed everyone to the side making more space for us to walk through the house only looking for one specific person.

"Okay, I'll go look in the living area and the rooms and you'll look in the kitchen and the backyard. Got it?" I nodded my head and Ethan immediately left my side.

The kitchen just had few people making out against the counters. Red plastic cups with half of them still filled with whatever it is dominated the room. That's why I always hated having parties at my place. Everyone comes in and do whatever they want with your house then leave you with the mess to clean alone. One time I found poop in my bathtub and that was my breaking point to where parties at my house are a big no, no. Unfortunately, Amelia wasn't in sight.

Going out to the backyard where the population tripled the whole house. Most of them were in the pool or dancing around it. Some girls even tried to dance with me but I politely declined because I'm not here to have fun. Amelia is my top priority right now and I'm starting worry since she's nowhere in the backyard either. I just hope that Ethan found her and she's safe.

I returned back inside and Ethan immediately came up to me with panic written all over his face. This cannot be good.

"Please tell me that you've found her." His voice was super low and stern. When I didn't respond he realized that Dona had already made her move and we were too late.

"Fuck," He breathed out and gripped his hair. Ethan was always calm and composed one the both of us. He rarely expresses any distress or panic but right now it's more than visible. I grabbed his shoulders halting his pacing and turned him to face me.

"Ethan, the is no time to stay here and panic. All we know is that Amelia is within the enemy's hands and we need to act fast before something serious happens. Now, we needed to look at the street security footage and trace any suspicious actions." I began pulling him to the door and out of the house away from all of those drunk people. We were almost to our parked car across the street when Ethan suddenly stopped walking making me stop abruptly since I was holding him. I turned my head to face him with a questionable look but his angry expression was directed to someone else. Standing outside making a phone call next to some random car was Dona. Before I could react, Ethan had already started marching with long strides towards her with me running to catch up with him. He forcefully pulled the phone out of Dona's grasp and slammed it on the ground.

"Hey! What the f-" Before she could finish her sentence, Ethan wrapped his hand around her throat and backed her up against the car.

"Where. The. Fuck. Is. Amelia." He growled out. I could see the slight fear in her eyes because of his actions.

"W-why would I know?" Her voice was a little strangled meaning his grip was a little too hard so I patted his back lightly and he released her a little bit.

"We know you are a double agent working for Francesco,"

"W-what are you talking about?" Her gaze shifted to me for a second and my brows furrowed. I could tell the complete confusion in her eyes. Is it not her who took Amelia? I walked closer to Ethan and told him to let her go. He reluctantly did and turned to face the other to cool off a little bit.

"Where was Amelia when you last saw her?" I asked Dona who seem to be getting even more confused by the second.

"She went out to get some air on the front porch. Why?" Clearly Dona isn't the one who took her so who did? Right when I was about to explain the situation to her. An all too familiar face approached us.

"Dona, I'm gonna take my leave. The party was amazing but my sister needs me right now," She said to Dona.

"Okay, drive safe Kelly." The woman who's name is apparently Kelly left but not without throwing a mischievous smirk my way.

Amelia's P.O.V.

I was now seated on a chair in the middle of a dark room illuminated by only one light bulb. I was alone with my hands and legs tied up to the chair. I don't know what these people want from me. My whole life I tried to stay out of any kind of drama and be as quiet as possible and now I'm here. I can't recall if I did anything wrong to somebody to make them want to hurt me to this extent. Suddenly, the door opened revealing one of my kidnappers.

"Why do this? What did I ever do to you?" He didn't answer just stayed at the corner watching me like a creep.

"What wrong did I ever do to you, Nick? Why am I here?"

Already at 50k reads!

- Queenishh