King of the Court (F) Kageyama x Reader

Hi guys! With this fucking quarantine, I'll be writing a lot, which means lots of updates, probably multiple times a day, so woohoo.  This one is abt Kageyama as you can see so I hope you Kageyama stans enjoy this one.

     "Umph," you grunt as you spike the ball over the net, slamming it to the ground in between Tanaka and Hinata. 

    Now, yes you're a girl, but you've practiced with the boys because they just grew a liking to you, and playing was much better than just sitting on the bench and watching them practice. Today at practice, you guys were playing a match.  On your team, there was Daichi, Kageyama, Yamaguchi, Ennoshita, Narita, and yourself. That means you're up against Suga, Asahi, Nishinoya, Tanaka, Hinata, and Tsukishima.  Kinoshita wasn't playing due to the fact that he had hurt his wrist earlier in the day and was holding an ice pack on it.

    Both teams were great, but Suga's team was pulling ahead. They were leading 24-23.  One more point, and they won. Even if it was just a practice, you still wanted to win. You're competitive, what could you say.  When you lost, you let your anger control you, but you were trying to get better about that.

    It was their serve. Tanaka threw the ball in the air and slapped it, causing it to sail over the net, only to be received by Yamaguchi, who sent it to Kageyama.

    "Y/n," you heard Kageyama yell, letting you know that he was sending the ball your way.  He sent the ball to you a little bit too quickly. Although you were good at volleyball, you couldn't receive Kageyama's lightning fast sets.

    Your face fell as you realized what was about to happen.  The ball soared past you.  You felt the wind as it almost hit your nose.  You watched as the ball fell out of the air.  The ball was out.  Your team lost.  When you realized you lost, you were pissed. 

    When you lost a normal game, a real game against another school, you were fine, but against your friends, you were overly competitive to say the least. That caused you to get aggressive. You try really hard to control your anger when you lose, but sometimes when you can't things go to hell in a handbasket or you say things you don't really mean.  Usually the first, where you start yelling and beating yourself up. Other times were like the second option, when you'd blame it on your teammates.

    Once your feet hit the ground, coming down from the spike you had just thoroughly missed, you turned to Kageyama with fire in your eyes. Everyone was silent. On your side of the court, everyone except for that cynical little shit Kageyama held their hands up in surrender.  On the opposite side of the court, Asahi seemed to lose all the blood in his body and looked pale.  Suga just stood there, comprehending what happened.  Everyone else just watched, waiting for you to do something.

    "Kageyama, you idiot!" you boomed, marching toward him in anger.

    "What?" he snapped back.

    You wanted to hit him so fucking bad.  His attitude just made you want to know his teeth out sometimes.

    At this point, you were in his face. Standing toe to toe with the boy who had a couple inches on you at least. You looked up in his eyes, still controlled by anger, and said the worst thing you could've possibly said to Kageyama.

    "No fucking wonder your team called you king of the court. No wonder they left your selfish ass in the dust, it's because you don't know how to play with the people around you, and you only worry about yourself," you fumed, breathing heavily.

    The whole gym went silent. It was like everyone stopped breathing.

    You expected Kageyama to snap back at you, give you a piece of his mind.  Before you could egg him on any further, you saw tears begin to form in his eyes, you saw his fists clench and unclench, you watched as he turned his back to you and all but sprinted out of the gym.