Be More Careful (S) Hinata x Reader

What is up my guys?! I've been updating so fucking much it honestly isn't even funny. Another one of my friends helped me with deciding what to write on this one. We stan supportive and helpful friends. Well anyways, on with the story.

You were a spiker on the girl's volleyball team at Karasuno high. Your team was in the middle of a practice match with a nearby school. Everything was going well, neither team was clearly destroying the other team. The score was 8-9 with your team in the lead.

The other team was serving, so you guys got into good positions to receive the ball. The ball soared over the net, going almost directly to the girl standing next to you. She sent the ball over to the setter. You called out, signaling that the ball should be sent to you.

The ball connected with your palm, and you felt the sting as you watched the ball hit the floor on the opposite side of the net.

"Yeah! GOOO Y/N!" you heard your best friend, Hinata call from the bench where he sat, watching the game.

You smiled at him and shook your head, getting back into position for the next play.

The game continued on until the score was 17-16, the other team pulling ahead.

It was your team's serve, and you watched as your teammate sent the ball over the net. Your opponent received the ball with no problem. You saw as they sent it to their setter, who was already planning what the play would be. Nobody else on your team saw it, but you watched the setter's eyes, seeing that the play would be the opposite of what you may have thought.

Your blockers went to the right, ready to block, but that was the worst move they could have made. You still weren't sure what to do, but at the last second you started running left. The ball was falling too quickly, you couldn't make it by just running. You had to dive for it.

You dove, your head hitting the gym floor so hard you could feel your whole body shake. Right before you hit your head, you felt the ball hit your hand and bounce back up. You did it, you kept the ball in the air. Your team was able to take that save and score on your opposing team. After the play, they looked back to you, expecting you to be standing again.

The whole gym was silent. Nobody knew if you were okay. You were fading in and out, and before you truly passed out, you heard Hinata's terrified scream and quick footsteps running toward you.

~time skip~

Your head hurt, you felt like you couldn't move. You slowly opened your eyes, the sudden exposure to light causing your pupils to dilate. You blinked a few time, adjusting to your surroundings. It was definitely your room, but you had no clue how you got there.

"Hinata?" you asked once you spotted the boy sitting in a chair he had pulled up next to your bed.

"Y/N! You're awake!" Hinata exclaimed, seemingly surprised by the fact that you were awake.

"Of course I'm awake, why are you so surprised?" you asked, confused by what was going on.

"Don't you remember the game?" he asked, his voice calm and gentle.

Oh shit. You had hit your head. You blacked out. No wonder you didn't remember getting to your bedroom. Why was Hinata here?

"Why are you here?" you asked your friend, still confused.

"Well your parents got a call or something that they had to go, so they called me to come sit with you because they know we're close," Hinata explained, "They told me they'd be gone for a few hours, and they left about," he checked the clock, "24 minutes ago."