Lefty (F) Ushijima x Reader

Hey hey, another chapter. I'm not sure I'll be great with writing Ushijima's personality, but oh well, this is fanfic, it doesn't have to be perfectly accurate. So let's just get on with it.

"Hey Lefty," you call out as you walk over to Ushijima.

He turned around as he heard you and smiled slightly.

"You did great in your game today," you wrapped your arms around his waist and looked up at him.

"Thank you," he wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

To say you and Ushijima had an odd relationship was an understatement. The two of you weren't actually dating, but you were more than friends. Neither of you really ever admitted to liking the other, and neither asked the other out. You both shared hugs that were a little too long or maybe cuddled a little too close to just be friends. And you wanted more, but with Ushijima being Ushijima, you never said anything.

"That one spike that almost hit the line but didn't was amazing. Like holy shit, that was one of the best spikes I've ever seen in my whole life," you rambled about how good the spike was.

He watched your face light up as you talked about his spike and smiled a little wider. Eventually you shut up about the spike and just stared back up at him.

"I'm glad you liked the spike so much."

"Well it was awesome, who wouldn't like it?" you paused and giggled, "Now, do you wanna go somewhere to eat as celebration of the win?"

He thought for a minute before speaking, "I'd rather just go to one of our houses and eat there, I'm tired."

You nodded, "Let's go to mine, my parents aren't home so we can watch a movie on the big TV in the living area."

He nodded too, agreeing. You let go of the hug and grabbed his wrist, pulling him out of the building and to your house. When you arrived, you took him to the living room before running to your room and changing into some shorts and a hoodie of his that you had stolen. It was way too big on you and it came down to at least mid thigh. You walked back down and sat next to him on the couch.

He was wearing some sweatpants and a tshirt that he had changed into after his game.

"Where'd you get that hoodie?" he asked as you sat down.

"I stole it from you a few months ago," you shrugged and smiled.

He nodded and sent a small smile back at you.

You threw your feet up on his lap, laying your head on the arm of the couch, "So what do you want to eat?"

"I don't know, I'm really not all that hungry anymore," he shrugged and moved his hands to hold your legs.

"Wanna watch a movie then?" you said as you grabbed the remote.

"Sure," he nodded.

"What do you wanna watch?" you turned on the TV and pulled up Netflix.

"You can pick, I'll probably fall asleep."

You picked some romcom that you found and put the remote back where it had been. You flipped around so it was your head laying on his thigh as the movie started. He gently ran his fingers through your hair as you laid there.

You looked up at him, "Hey Lefty?"

He looked down to you, "Why do you call me that?"

You shrugged slightly, "You're left handed, so I call you Lefty."

He nodded, "So I should call you Righty?"

You chuckled, "No, you can just call me Y/N. I call you Lefty because it's less likely for someone to be left handed, so it's one of the things that makes you unique."

"Well okay then," he smiled slightly, "Anyways, what did you want?"

You paused slightly before answering, "What are we?"

"Uh, Japanese?" he looked confused.

You chuckled before clarifying, "No I mean, like, our relationship. I mean are we just friends or are we more?"

His face relaxed, "Well I always thought we were more. I thought that's why we cuddled and gave each other hugs and held hand," he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh," you smiled and sat up so you were sitting on his lap, nothing you hadn't done before. Your voice got a little quieter, "Does that mean that I can kiss you?"

He nodded and brought one hand to cup your jaw, pulling you in and gently kissing you. You smiled as you kissed back. What felt like forever was in reality only a few seconds before you both pulled back.

"I've wanted to do that for a while now," he admitted, his usually stoic expression completely gone and replaced with a wide smile.

"Me too," you smiled back, resting your forehead against his.

He closed his eyes and just felt your warmth.

You examined his face as he was still smiling. You loved to see him smile. It was adorable.

"You're adorable," you blurted out without thinking.

"Huh?" he opened his eyes.

You were blushing now, "Nothing."

"I heard what you said, I just wanted to know what you mean by it."

"Well I just mean that you're cute. And when you smile, it's even cuter."

Now he was blushing too, "Well I think you're cute too."

"Thanks."

He readjusted so he was laying across the couch, you laying on his chest. He closed his eyes.

You closed your eyes too, enjoying how warm he was.

"I'm gonna take a nap," he sighed happily.

"Mhm, me too," you nuzzled closer into his chest.

And that's how the two of you fell asleep, just cuddling with one another, and finally as a couple.

Okay but like soft Ushijima owns my heart no cap. Hope you liked, please comment, vote, etc, y'all know the drill. Thanks for reading and love ya :)