thirty-five

"Okay, all done," I smiled at the sheet Colby was working on. It was Thursday and the tutoring session went by quickly, as we hadn't done much during math class on Monday.

He nodded, smiling back at me. "You should be our math teacher."

I shook my head with a small chuckle, watching as he packed away his stuff. "No, thank you. Not for all the entitled brats in that room."

He sat back up with a smirk. "You're one of them."

"Asshole," I chuckled, giving him a small push against his shoulder. "I thought we were past that."

"You can't change where you come from, Arabella," he chuckled with a shrug.

I pushed his arm again, Colby nearly tipping over and falling from his chair. "Hey!" he exclaimed. "Can you not remember what happened last time you pushed me off my chair?"

It was my time to shrug. "If you're being a dick, you're being a dick."

"Let me remind you of how this ended for you last time," he spoke, standing up from his chair. He took hold of my wrist and pulled me onto my feet as well. "It started here with you very rudely pushing me onto the floor."

I nodded. "Okay."

He dragged me along the library, out into the hallway. "You started running, possibly along this hallway. I gave you a couple seconds as a head start but you never would've won."

I hummed as a way of saying yes, letting him drag me along various hallways as we headed deeper into the schoolbuilding.

"Ultimately," he said. "You rounded this corner, and you saw a dead end. You knew I wasn't far behind and you had to find a solution, so what did you do, Arabella?"

I chuckled at the straight look on his face. I seriously didn't know why this man was wasting his time at this school when he could've been out there as a triple Oscar winner. "I tried the doorhandle in the back."

"You tried the doorhandle in the back," he repeated, with a nod.

We walked over to the end of the hall, where he pushed down the doorhandle and opened the door for me. I lifted my eyebrows to look at him. "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious," he replied as he motioned for me to continue.

I shook my head but obeyed anyway, watching as he closed the door again. "What is your purpose, Brock?"

"You saw me through the window, coming your way, right?" he smirked as he peeked through the small window in the door.

I walked up to it and faced him. "Yeah, and I really thought you were just going to run by," I shrugged, watching his features. "But then you yanked open the door and I prepared to get my ass kicked."

He raised his eyebrows, a soft smirk along his lips as he reached for the doorhandle and opened the door again. "But I didn't."

I shook my head, taking a step back. "No, you pulled me out of the closet because you said it wasn't all that sanitary."

He stepped back with me, closing the door behind him. The window provided the only light in the small room, and it wasn't much. He shrugged. "It probably isn't."

I looked up at him, his features slightly illuminated. The little light that the room let in, was caught in his eyes, leaving the light blue sparkling. As if he suddenly wasn't some high school bad boy anymore, but an angel - maybe fallen, but still one.

"What happened then, Arabella?" he asked quietly, lifting his hand to tuck a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I was late and Hero almost murdered me," I softly chuckled in reply. "It almost blew our cover."

"Yeah," he chuckled back. "I wish I knew then what I know now."

I stepped around him so I could look out the tiny window, but the hallway was still empty. I turned back to face him and leaned against the door. "What's that?"

"That you're not the way I made you out to be at first. It would've saved me a lot of energy, had I realized that sooner," he spoke, stepping closer.

"Stop it, you're damaging your image," I smiled, lifting my arms so I could lay my hands down in his neck.

He shook his head, placing his hands on my waist. "I don't care."

I raised my eyebrows. "You don't care?"

He let out a groan. "Shut the fuck up."

I smirked. "Make me."

I didn't need to tell him twice, as he pushed me up against the door and connected our lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, if I even could anymore. He lifted me up effortlessly, and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He swiped his tongue along my bottom lip, asking for access that I gladly granted him by parting my lips.

I let out a soft moan as he pushed me further into the door, his head dipping down to attach his lips to my jaw.

"Don't do that," he groaned in between kisses.

"What?" I asked breathlessly, tilting my head to the side to he had better access to my neck.

"Don't play dumb," he hummed against my throat, kissing down the middle.

I let out a chuckle as I closed my eyes, resting my head against the door as I let myself enjoy his attention. "Why though?"

"Because I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself," he spoke, moving to the back of my jaw again, right behind my ear. He sucked on the patch of skin, knowing it was my weak spot.

He really needed to stop saying shit like that or I was gonna jump him right here in this closet - and I didn't want my name added to the list of people who had done so before me.

I opened my eyes and looked down at him, taking his face in my hands to guide it back towards mine, pressing my lips to his once more.

"We need to go," I muttered.

"Yeah," he breathed out, lowering me back onto the floor.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, squishing him against me. I didn't really want to let go. "I swear to God if you ignore me again after this, I will murder you in your sleep."

He let out a chuckle. "You don't even know where I live."

"I'll find out," I replied. "I'm serious, though. Don't do that again."

"You were ignoring me as well," he stated. "It wasn't just me."

I sighed. "Shut up."

He chuckled, taking a step back. "Even if I wanted to, I couldn't ignore you."

"Good. I can't believe we just made out in the fucking janitor's closet," I laughed, opening the door behind me.

"It should happen at least once during your high school career," he laughed back, walking out of the closet with me. His eyes got caught on my neck. "You're gonna have to put some makeup on that, or a scarf. Or just leave it like that, I think it's quite a work of art."

I rolled my eyes. "You know I'm as good as dead if Hero sees this."

Colby shrugged putting his arm around my shoulders. "Not if I kill him first."

I shook my head. "You're insane, and not killing him."

He chuckled, stopping us right before rounding the last corner. "We should part here."

I nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah," he replied. "I'll see you tomorrow."

With a last exchange of smiles, I walked around the corner and made my way into the library. I wrapped my scarf around my neck, threw my jacket on and swung my backpack over my shoulder, before heading for Hero's car.

I just prayed to God he wouldn't notice anything off.