thirty-six

It was Monday, so that meant math first period.

Ew.

That was the first thing I thought when I got up and almost threw my phone across my room to get rid of the alarm. Safe to say I was not feeling it.

However, instead of throwing it, I unlocked it to see I had a message.

asshole: send me a text when ur awake
You to asshole: a text

I sniffed and sat up, throwing my legs over the edge of my bed. I raked my fingers through my tangled hair and looked at my closet, trying to think of what I was going to wear.

Standing up and going through my stuff, I decided on a simple black turtleneck and dress pants combo. I retreated into my bathroom and took a shower, afterwards drying my hair and brushing my teeth and doing all the things people do in a bathroom when they get ready for school. My phone buzzed just as I was picking out what jewelry to wear.

asshole: ur not going to school today

I raised my eyebrows at his text.

You to asshole: excuse me??
asshole: fake being sick or smth
You to asshole: i'm already fully dressed and shit???
asshole: figure it out

I shook my head as I stared down at my phone. What the fuck even. Who did this guy think he was?

You to asshole: whAT FOR??? if u don't explain to me right fuckin now >:'((((

Putting down my phone, I continued what I was doing. I settled on gold so I hooked couple gold necklaces around my neck, decorated my fingers with a few rings and finally stuck some hoops through my ears.

asshole: dw about it just do it i'll explain after

I let out a sigh and walked up to my door, making sure it was locked before yelling. "Hero!"

"Yeah?" he yelled back as I heard him run up to my door.

"I'm not feeling well, you go to school without me," I spoke. "I'm not trying to make you sick as well so please keep your distance. You have a game Friday and they need you."

"Damn you right. Be gone, demon!" he joked as I heard him walk backwards from the door. "Feel better. If it gets worse, ring the doc. Also parents should be coming home this weekend."

"Okay," I replied. "Have fun at school."

"Not a problem!" he retorted in a sarcastic way, before I retreated back into my bed.

You to asshole: i did it. ur a bad influence.
asshole: great i'll pick u up in 30 :)

I rolled my eyes and snuggled back into my blankets, but truth be told it just wasn't the same when you weren't in your pajamas anymore.

As soon as I heard the front door, I jumped out of bed and hurried down the stairs, making myself a quick yoghurt/fruit breakfast and devouring it. I snatched my coat and purse from the hanger and put on both items, then stepped into my shoes.

asshole: i'm here
You to asshole: perfect timing

I walked out the front door with a smile, immediately hurrying into Colby's car. "Damn it's cold outside."

"Goodmorning to you too," he chuckled at me.

"As if your 'text me when you're awake' was a goodmorning," I chuckled back. "Goodmorning, Colby."

He smiled before driving off and out of my neighborhood, off to some place I probably didn't know.

I turned to look at him, shifting in my seat a little. "So, why skip?"